Chapter 82: Visions

"Dixie... Dixie... Come, my little girl..."

"W-what?" she said, while having her eyes half closed and trying to keep them open.

Dixie was straining her vision for a few seconds, and she seemed to hear murmurs whose voices sounded quite familiar to her... She felt an enormous tranquility both inside and outside of her, while a white environment in its entirety was visible.

"You're here, my little Dixie," one of those voices she could hear said. This voice sounded so sweet that just hearing it gave her a certain peace... a peace she seemed not to have had for a long time...

"We're very happy to see you again, my little girl," another of the voices added with the same sweet tone as the previous one.

Suddenly, Dixie could open her eyes completely and see these silhouettes that were talking to her. She would get a reaction of astonishment and excitement upon seeing them, but no... Instead, she just looked at them and smiled like it was an ordinary quiet day...

"Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad," Dixie said, smiling calmly at those two primate silhouettes.

"Come on, my little girl," one of the two of them said, taking her by the hand and starting to walk with her.

Dixie just nodded and accompanied both adult kongs as if nothing. One of those kongs was a tall male chimpanzee, with light brown fur, green eyes and light brown hair, while the other kong was a female chimpanzee of the same fur, but with blond hair like Dixie's and blue eyes. Both were walking hand in hand with Dixie, although no specific direction could be seen.

"Where are we going?" Dixie asked, starting to look at them with some strangeness.

Both adult kongs looked at her while still smiling sweetly at her.

"You're coming to join us, Dixie," the female chimpanzee said, who seemed to be her mother. "We'll stay together."

"We'll be with you too, Dixie," a voice distinct from the kongs present said.

Dixie looked straight ahead and noticed another couple of adult kongs, who were also smiling sweetly at her. One of those kongs was a female chimpanzee with light brown fur, green eyes and brown hair, quite similar to the chimpanzee who seemed to be Dixie's father. While the other kong next was a male muscular gorilla, tall and dark brown fur.

"Oh, hello, aunt and uncle, how are you?" Dixie told the new silhouettes, to whom she smiled back in a serene way.

But suddenly... Dixie's smile began to dim until it turned into a doubtful look.

"Uh, hey..." she said, stopping in her tracks and making them all stop. "Wait a minute... and where's Tiny?... And Kiddy? And Chunky?"

The four adult apes also faded their smiles, but they kept looking at her calmly.

"They won't come yet, Dixie," her father replied. "Only you'll come for now, my little girl."

Suddenly, Dixie began to blink rapidly, as the white stage disappeared from her sight along with her parents and those who seemed to be her aunt and uncle.

"Mom?! Dad?!... Hey, where are you?!" Dixie exclaimed, having certain distortions in sight. "Aunt, uncle! What's wrong?!"

Suddenly, Dixie had several visions through her eyes... Among these, she could clearly see that terrible event that happened with her parents and also that with the apes and her aunt and uncle, followed by random memories on DK Island, the circus, Hurricane Island, the ape building, the ship, the aircraft and finally that medical clinic... Everything seemed to have happened to her for about five seconds.