Chapter 93: An Expected Miracle

The next day had arrived, and the animals of the herd were having an aperitif, all gathered at the tables. Later, Diddy and Dixie joined them as they arrived; they both felt they had rested well after such a long time. Then, everyone was finishing eating, while some of them were getting up and picking up their trays.

Later, the apes who owned the shelter came to them and greeted them.

"How about it, everyone? How have you been?" the apes greeted them by smiling at the animals, while they responded in the same way.

"It's all right," some of the animals replied consecutively.

"What time did you come back last night?" one of the animals asked the apes. "Did you manage to hand over those four children?"

The apes emitted a sigh as they changed to a serious expression, placing their hands at their own sides.

"Yes... We've already done it," one of them replied. "It was difficult, but we were able to deliver them, at least the boy in the blue shirt and the girl in pink and short hair; we gave them both to his father and her siblings respectively... It was quite hard to see them and deliver them to them like that, but even so... they'll be at least a little calmer now to know about their children."

"What a pity," one of the animals said in a sorrowful tone with the others. "And what about the other two children?"

"Oh... I don't know what was worse," one of the owners replied, keeping his expression, "if to deliver those two children to their families in that state... or that the other two children weren't claimed by their immediate relatives. We asked some ape families if they knew the other girl and they said yes, but that it was in vain to take her to her parents because she hadn't lived with them for a long time; they said her parents were very mean to her. In the end, we gave her to a family of apes that was close to her for just a few months, because honestly, according to what they told us, we better not bother to look for her parents."

"What? But how is it possible for parents to be like that?" one of the animals exclaimed in a tone of indignation. "Didn't they even ask about their daughter?"

"They didn't even show up. And as for the other child, the one in overalls... according to some families, there is no one to receive that boy. They said that his father was the worst, and that as a result of marital problems, he abandoned him, and he hasn't been seen again for years, and that his mother treated him very badly, and she hasn't even been seen looking for her son. So, we gave him to the same family that we gave the other girl, to give them their due dignified rest... It's a real pity," he added, shaking his head from side to side.

"What a horror," one of the animals commented. "So, what has been told to Diddy and Dixie is true. How can it be possible that those parents have treated their own children in that way? Did they really not love them?"

"And maybe Diddy and Dixie are right," another animal added. "Perhaps the other rescued children may be in similar situations; we'll have to ask all of them if they're happy at their homes or if they need any help."

"That's what we're going to do," one of the owner apes said. "We have to help those little ones if they're in almost the same situations... And by the way, we were told that those kids were reacting last night, is that true?"

"Indeed," one of the animals replied. "Some of them even answered us what their names were, and according to Diddy and Dixie, they did answer well."

"Hey, come and see this!" another of the owner apes exclaimed, arriving at the scene.

Everyone turned to look at the ape, who was showing a face of excitement, which increased the curiosity in others.

"What's going on?" the animals asked him.