Prologue: A Stealthy Escape

The famous Chimp Cirque circus, recognized and prestigious by thousands of people who live in a big city. Almost every week, the numerous stands of the venue were occupied by an entire crowd arriving to see the long-awaited shows.

The artists, acrobats, jugglers, trapeze artists and contortionists were without a doubt the stars of the night and, in the middle of these presentations, there were also those of animals, who with their exotic appearance and their particular skills, earned the greatest attention and appreciation by viewers.

There was a wide variety of animals living there, although for the most part, Chimp Cirque was inhabited by primates, as its name indicated. The primates often came out on stage to exhibit their most talented acrobatics or even realize an improvised performance as in the cases of primate children. These last always earned the most tender looks from the public, as was the case with a little girl chimpanzee, who seemed to have unique hair with beginner flight skills.

On a day like any other, there was a family of primates in their respective room of that circus. It was a young chimpanzee couple with a baby girl of their species. They were also part of the circus performances, although they had had a season of rest due to the birth of their new daughter. They had lived there for years, like the other primates, and their days seemed to be quite calm... except for that particular day: the last day... that they were going to continue in that place.

The aforementioned baby chimpanzee was in the arms of her mother, who smiled at her and made gestures of affection, but who at the same time... looked at her with some concern. Next to her, there was also the father, who had a lowered gaze and remained pensive; it was as if an uncertainty was accompanying them.

"What will we do after all this?" the chimpanzee mother asked her husband, who then placed a hand on his temple, before looking up to respond.

"We'll have to find a way to survive," he responded, showing serious concern. "But I know it's going to be the best, even if we have to... start a new life out there."

"A new life..." the mother chimpanzee repeated to herself, as she looked at her little baby again. "And without knowing what may become of our destiny."

"I know, honey. And I understand, I know it's going to be... difficult to adapt," the father chimpanzee responded, before going to hug his wife. "But even so, our owners believe that it is the best thing they can do for us by getting us out of here, and even we think the same... We are not going to allow those other maniac humans to take our babies by force, the three children, in fact. And I know this is going to be complicated: leaving our entire life here behind. But... I want to think that we will achieve to be well, that we will all be well, like the family that we are... And that our children will be well."

"It's what I wish most, above all," she said as she rested her head on his shoulder, and the little baby chimpanzee looked at them with an innocent smile. "I want to see them grow well and be happy."

Suddenly, small but quick steps began to be heard arriving at that area, accompanied by childish laughter full of energy. A little girl chimpanzee appeared running and jumping, and even wearing her hair in a particular rotating way. The little girl, perhaps three years old, went to hide behind the two adult chimpanzees while she laughed and held up a diamond stone.

"Dixie, but what are you doing?" the father chimpanzee said to the infant, taking her in her arms and removing the diamond she was carrying. "Oh, no, don't play with those stones, you might drop them and you might get hurt."

"But it's very pretty," responded the little chimpanzee, who was the eldest daughter of the couple, with her sweet voice.

"Dixie!" suddenly exclaimed a voice apart from the apes present.