Chapter 18: Inexplicable

The next day, in the evening, all the kongs had gathered again. As mentioned before, the Kong family liked to meet somewhere in the jungle to hang out. This time, they were gathered outside the house of Dixie, Tiny, Kiddy, and Chunky. Everyone was present, except for Cranky and Wrinkly, who were on a cruise vacation.

Donkey and Diddy were walking to the house of the four kongs, although truth be told, Diddy wasn't in the mood to see Dixie again, at least not yet. When they finally arrived, everyone greeted them.

"Hi, dudes!" Funky exclaimed to the two, and they waved back.

"Hi! How are you doing?" Donkey greeted them.

"Hey, Diddy, we're going to play this new game, do you want to come?" suggested Tiny with a set of cards in hand along with Kiddy and Chunky.

"Oh, great, let's go," Diddy replied smiling.

"It's very entertaining, you'll see," Tiny said with emotion.

"Hey, where's Dixie?" Chunky asked.

"I don't know, she was here with us just now," Tiny replied before shrugging. "She'll be back."

Diddy went to join the three young kongs to play cards, while the older kongs gathered in another corner.

For some reason, Dixie was not present at first, until later, she appeared. She left her house and greeted everyone else and, after that, she also joined the group of the younger kongs. Diddy, for his part, tried to avoid making eye contact with her; just seeing her he remembered again the bad moment he went through, he didn't even greet her with joy as he always did, he did it rather barely smiling a little to her.

"Come, Dixie, we're with the new game," Tiny said.

"Okay," Dixie replied.

The five young kongs started playing within their group. Everyone seemed to be having fun... even though Diddy didn't look as cheerful as he always did at a time like this, he didn't even joke Dixie anymore like he used to whenever they played... While she seemed to look at him with some seriousness.

Later, the older kongs also joined them and started playing the ten of them. In the middle of the games, some won, others lost, others got frustrated and cheated, but they never lacked laughter.

"In this round I'll beat you all!" Lanky exclaimed as he placed a card in the center.

"You think so, but Chunky will be a winner here," Chunky replied when it was his turn.

"Well, you'll all see!" Donkey exclaimed in the same way.

The kongs present had a good time in the round of cards they were playing, where without a doubt, everyone had fun in the middle of the competition.

"Hey, Dixie," Funky spoke quietly after a while, who was next to her. "Is it true that you have a boyfriend at school?"

Instantly, Dixie opened her eyes to the fullest at that question. Those who were close to her, looked at her shocked and confused as well.

"W-what?!" she said stammering.

"What?!" said her sister and cousins looking at her with amazement and strangeness.

"Hey, it's not true about Jem- Uhh, no, no, I mean-" she stammered before being interrupted.

"What are you saying, little cousin? Do you already have a boyfriend?" asked Chunky, shocked. He spoke louder that caught the attention of the rest. "Wait! Were you going to say... Don't tell me it's that ugly orangutan with annatto hair that chases you!" he added, frowning sternly.