Chapter 21: Disappearance

The next day, Donkey got up, and the first thing he did was go to Diddy's room in hopes of finding him sleeping... but he was still absent. "Oh no," Donkey thought with utmost concern.

Donkey was already getting desperate and started calling the entire Kong family so that they could all look for Diddy together. They searched several places on the island. From Funky to Kiddy helped to search for him, even Mr. Pinky, who was still on DK Island.

Dixie, who had already spoken out, had also said that she hadn't heard anything about Diddy for two days and, of course, she also looked very worried about him... In fact, it was as if everything she had told him a few days ago didn't seem to be true.

The entire Kong family was reunited, in addition to several inhabitants of the island, still with the unknown for the case of Diddy's missing, and added to the case of the child in the river. Everyone pointed out that it would be some kong children kidnapper group.

"Really... hasn't Diddy appeared?" Dixie asked, looking distressed.

"No, no one has heard from him," Funky replied worriedly. "By the way, Dixie, you who are his closest friend, don't you know what could have happened to him?"

"Right, Dixie," Tiny added in the same way. "And by the way... is it true that you were fighting or something?"

"Not exactly... Or well, yes," Dixie replied. Apparently, not quite sure what she was saying. "We did have a little mishap, but I don't think it has anything to do with that."

Suddenly, Donkey arrived to inform the crowd of new details. He had a face of maximum concern that everyone noticed and only worried them more.

"What happened, Donkey?" Candy asked. "What did those who went to rescue the found child say?"

"They didn't manage to rescue the child, but they just gave me more details," Donkey replied earnestly. "Those who went to follow the mysterious apes that took the little one away, said that maybe it is a gang that steals children. They didn't manage to reach them, but they could notice some things while following them: the child found had a serious wound in the chest, also had several scratches, and apparently was wrapped in some leaves.

"What a horror!" Lanky exclaimed, and at the same time the rest of the kongs also made gestures of horror and panic simultaneously. "And didn't they know the child?"

"No, but they said he was a boy with light fur on his head," Donkey said. "The clothing couldn't be identified."

"With light fur, huh?" said Mr. Pinky pensively. "Well, in the class there were about six children with light fur on their heads."

"And just in case, don't you know if all of them have been okay?" Donkey asked the teacher. "Have they been contacted at school, Mr. Pinky?"

"Well, most did," Master Pinky replied. "Although now that I remember, yesterday they should have all gone to school to pick up their certificates from the school year, and the only ones who haven't gone are... Messrs. Jemky, Mandrew, Melenky and Rocky, and Mr. Diddy too... He still doesn't appear, right?"

Everyone was silent and pensive with the teacher's statement. The most concerned at the time was Donkey, since he always had bad vibes from that group of children, and in that situation, they had not been the exception in the suspicions he had regarding Diddy's missing.

"Wait a minute, this is very... suspicious with what you just mentioned," Donkey said with a frown. "Do you know something? That group of four children that Mr. Pinky mentioned, always gave me a bad vibe. Besides, while we're here, I ask... Hadn't that orangutan boy, Jemky, stolen the pyramid from Diddy?"