Chapter 38: A New Friendship

The next day, and even in the evening, Diddy and Dixie returned again to the house of their new friends, very excited to see them again. In the day, they all had spent some time outside, in fact, they had returned to almost the same places as the previous day, although this time they no longer did extreme activities. Anyway, with quiet plans they also had a great time with their new friends. They even took them to other places where they both used to go for walks and have fun. Between times, they also played group games in the middle of their journeys around the island, with which they had a lot of fun.

During the night, although at first all six were gathered in a group, a while later they were divided into boys and girls. Dixie was reunited with Mandy and Jenny, while Diddy with Melvyn and Ricky.

Diddy, along with the other two boys, were in a clear area near the house, playing target shooting with bows made of branches and vines.

"It's your turn, Diddy," Ricky said defiantly. "Let's see if you can get it right."

"Well, check this out," Diddy replied, preparing his bow and pointing toward the center of a circle drawn on a tree.

Diddy stretched the arrow back and released it, then got it to dig right into the center of the circle. Then, he shot more arrows at other targets they had set, and he hit them all perfectly, unlike Ricky and Melvyn, who only came within a few centimeters of hitting the center circles. Diddy was jumping around in victory when his turn ended, while the other two boys were astonished.

"Wow, you're an expert at this!" Melvyn exclaimed in amazement. "It seems that now I do believe that you have been able to fight against a lizard king along with your uncle."

"You should teach us!" Ricky added in the same way.

"Will we play another round now or what?" Diddy suggested to them defiantly.

The three boys again began to compete for who did it best, where Diddy usually won in most rounds. But he also taught the other two kids to perfect their shooting and they did quite well. Truth be told, Diddy felt so good about being able to play with other kids. And while they played, they were talking.

"Hey, Diddy, and how has it been with Dixie?" Ricky asked in a mischievous tone.

"Well, the best," Diddy replied, smiling as he shot another arrow.

"And do you love her very much?" Melvyn added in the same tone.

"Too much. She's incredible," Diddy replied before giving a small sigh. "More than just my girlfriend, she's the best friend I've ever met."

"Wow, buddy, and how did you manage to win her heart, huh?" Ricky asked curiously and gave him little pushes.

"Well, I don't know, I could say it just happened," Diddy replied, shrugging and smiling. "We were very good friends for a long time. I liked her a lot, and when I was finally going to tell her, she told me that she liked me too... And she also told me that she already knew."

"Really? And how did she find out?" Melvyn asked, showing surprise.

"Because those four fools from school told her," Diddy replied, rolling his eyes as he remembered them. "They had stolen a notebook where I had Dixie's name written on a heart and showed it to her."

"What?!" Melvyn exclaimed before crossing his arms. "Geez, how evil."

"Oh, those classmates you had were really bad," Ricky commented with disgust.

"Hey, Diddy, and what do you like most about Dixie?" Melvyn asked curiously afterwards. "Her face? Her eyes?"

"Or her hair?" Ricky continued, also showing curiosity.