Chapter 71: Latent Panic

Diddy and Dixie had their minds blank, while their pulsations were so fast that they couldn't think well at the moment. Both were trapped in those mechanical chairs, as were the rest of the kidnapped kong children, while they were with the evil ape group present.

"Oh, what a pity, monkeys," Mandrew said mockingly along with the other three kids. "But you didn't win."

Diddy and Dixie wanted to yell at them with all their might, but the presence of the adult ape group prevented them. Both, though knowing it was in vain, waved their feet in the air and tried to get their hands out of the shackles, earning only more burlesque laughter from Jemky's quartet.

"Oh, but what fools!" Melenky said, looking at them mockingly. "You can't get out of there!"

"Boys!" the apes exclaimed to the quartet, stopping their laughter instantly. "Come here! We're going to start with these kids."

The quartet went to the apes, while Diddy and Dixie became increasingly tense and waved their feet continuously at what they said.

The red-lapel mandrill was making adjustments to the device they called the electric star scalpel, to which he was attaching a new blade. Meanwhile, the black-lapel orangutan was preparing a few mixtures in containers, using the new quartz they had brought.

Diddy and Dixie, seeing that, only started shaking a lot more; both already knew for sure what those apes were about to do with those objects, since they remembered the instructions they had read in that book and how they would use them on all those kong children... And they could include the two of them too.

"How long does it take to mechanize a kid?" Melenky asked the apes.

"The entire procedure takes about two days," a mandrill replied as he cleaned other tools. "Mostly because they must be refrigerated for twenty-four hours. The other twenty-four hours before is where they'll be intervened. The hardest part is when we put the motion sensors in them; we have to make sure the kid doesn't move as much, otherwise something could go wrong."

"So... do you do that to them when they're still alive?"

"That's right; as dead they won't work anymore," the lead orangutan replied. "And when they stop moving, the rest of the mechanism is placed in them, and these mixtures are placed through their veins," he added, showing them a jar with one of the mixtures he was making. "It must be done quickly, before they're no longer useful. Finally, they'll be cured and will be like new, and then they'll go to refrigeration."

"Sounds easy," Mandrew said, looking pensively at the herd of kong children.

"Not so easy," the lead orangutan said. "At least with those four little brats that we already mechanized it was not, but we may now do it more easily. Every kid should be sedated first with the hypnotizing mixture, so they'll stay still during the procedure and won't feel any pain, or rather: they'll no longer feel or notice anything."

"Wow, then it's a complex thing," Jemky said with his arms crossed. "And will you let us make one, right?"

"We'll teach you gradually," the lead orangutan replied. "We'll let the last children be done by you. But only if you do it right and don't come out with some antics!" he added, raising his voice in a warning tone and frightening them four a little. "And we'll let you do that just because we need them ready as soon as possible."

Diddy and Dixie only shuddered to hear the apes themselves all the steps they would make to the herd of kong children, and worse, that both would also be victims if they didn't leave that place soon... from which they could no longer get out, being both trapped in those shackled chairs too. Both were beginning to think that, even if it had been cruel and negligent, they would already be on Hurricane Island again if from the beginning only the two of them had escaped, leaving the rest of the kong children behind. Or worse, they were regretting not having accepted the help that the circus animals had recently offered them in terms of escape.