Chapter 22: The Quest

A/N: The next five chapters will be somewhat long and with paragraphs of a lot of text. But some still have details that will be used later.

In the middle of the open sea, there was Dixie who, with the help of Enguarde, was on her way to search for Diddy on the island that the blue swordfish had indicated. Dixie also carried a backpack with a few bananas as provisions for the road, as well as some sheets of paper and a pencil, and even the middle of the photo where Diddy appeared, the same one she had given him weeks before.

The journey took all night and had lasted so long that it became exhausting. But even so, Dixie knew she had to go get Diddy, go back to DK Island, and consequently fix things with him. Dixie only hoped that he was okay and nothing bad had happened to him, since the only thing that still came to mind was that the group of bully children had to do with his disappearance, although Enguarde had claimed that the ones who had taken him away were not apes.

Most of the scenarios that could be seen along the way, were of pure horizons, and only a few islands could be seen in the distance from time to time. Between times, Dixie came to think that they had been lost, but Enguarde claimed to remember the road well. The journey had been too long, and Dixie hadn't even slept even if she wanted to; instead, she decided to write down on one of the sheets all the way to come back later. A cold wind was also beginning to be felt during the trip, and even the sky was cloudy enough to be a normal day, but Dixie tried to stand firm and didn't take it seriously.

After so much travel, which had perhaps taken more than ten hours and even saw the dawn, Enguarde announced that they were already close. They had spotted the island where he claimed to have last seen Diddy... although this island was not exactly like it was thought.

"Is that... the island?" Dixie asked, astonished to see how it looked. That 'island' was not as she had imagined it: with jungles and a lot of trees... It was rather a city, with houses and big buildings. Dixie hadn't seen such a city for many, many years. "Are you sure it's here?"

"Yeah, this is where they took Diddy away, I saw it. Those creatures carried him in a cage."

Finally, they reached the shores of the sea. Now they were on a desolate beach overlooking some very tall buildings. Dixie couldn't believe that Diddy might be in that place, as it seemed to be very strange. She was beginning to question whether she had done well to get there and to have gotten there alone. She wanted to return to DK Island, but she couldn't leave Diddy, much less if Enguarde claimed that he had been kidnapped by some unknown creatures.

"And now what?" Dixie said as she saw how extensive the beach was and much more so the city. She didn't know where to go to find Diddy.

"It's supposed that he was taken away inside this island," Enguarde replied, pointing with his nose. "Go search for him, I'll wait for you here."

Dixie watched all the sprawling scenery she could see and didn't know where to start. She thought that maybe it wouldn't be so easy, let alone returning home. She remembered her sister, her cousins and all the other kongs, and was even about to regret having decided to undertake that journey, but she couldn't.

"No... You can go back to DK Island if you want," she told Enguarde. "At least tell the others that I arrived okay... and that I'll keep searching for Diddy and then we'll come back."

"What?! But you're going to get lost when you two come back," replied Enguarde worriedly.

"Don't worry, I've written down all the way back. When I find Diddy, we'll build some boat or raft and return. I hope we get out of here quickly," she added, looking at the whole sprawling city.