Chapter 94: The Last Week

The next week was pretty quiet for Diddy and Dixie; they hadn't had days like that in so long, and it felt so nice for them to have them again after so many overwhelming moments.

Although on the other hand, there were laborious days in that week, and as the animals had told them, they set out to repair that ship they had made long ago with the kong children. And it turned out to be true; this one had some damage in several parts, but with a little maintenance it could work again; it wasn't that hard after all. Diddy and Dixie were initially hesitant to go alone on that trip, but after all, it was what they intended to do the first few days they arrived on Hurricane Island. They also informed Mr. Pinky about it, who at first wanted to be doubtful, but after a while, he decided not to underestimate them anymore and just supported the idea, and even helped them with the indications.

During those days, Diddy and Dixie went to visit the animal shelter as they used to. Sometimes, they even socialized with the kong children they had rescued, although without establishing great friendships, because they two were no longer going to stay for long on the island. As they had mentioned, a few children were no longer in that shelter and had gone with their families, but most of them still stayed in that place while the apes of the shelter gave them help and assistance, since those children did live in situations like the ones that had been told to Diddy and Dixie.

The rescued kong children all had different and noticeable personalities, which Diddy and Dixie found curious, compared to how they were when they were building that ship while they all were hypnotized; each one of them even looked quite expressive, unlike the previous time.

Among other activities, Diddy and Dixie spenttime with Mr. Pinky telling stories, helping him with some chores or alsopreparing something to eat, as they used to do before. Diddy and Dixie alreadymissed those quiet days like the ones they were in the first weeks of being onHurricane Island, even if they didn't see them that way back then. Both alsoused to go for a walk, although they no longer wanted to move so far from thehouse, as they felt somewhat insecure about the possibility of encountering somethingthat could bring them trouble again.