Chapter 101: Back Home

Diddy and Dixie, in their respective homes and to their respective relatives, recounted more details of everything they experienced during their unexpected journey. It took them a good while to tell everything: from Diddy's enmity with the Jemky's quartet, the dealings with Dixie, the threats from the quartet, Diddy's kidnapping by the tamers, what they saw at that circus, the animal escape, the shipwreck on Hurricane Island, the unexpected reunion with the animals and Mr. Pinky, the beginning of the romance between Diddy and Dixie, their false friendship with Jenny's quartet, the construction of the ship, the breakup of Diddy and Dixie, to the discovery of the islet with the hidden building, the reunion with Jemky's quartet and the apes, the discovery of their evil plans, the constant confrontations, the unexpected reunion with the tamers, the rescue of the herd of children, the confrontation on the ship in the middle of the storm, the confrontation on the plane, the defeat of the tamers, the days in that hospital, the final moments with Jemky's quartet and their stories, the return to Hurricane Island, the rescue of Mr. Pinky and the kong children, the reconciliation of Diddy and Dixie, and finally the arrival at DK Island.

With everything they recounted, both Dixie's family and Donkey were extremely astonished, especially by the twists and turns of the story. They saw that Diddy and Dixie were not wrong in saying that they had a lot to tell.

On her part, Dixie was on the sofa at home with Chunky, Tiny and Kiddy, who were sitting on the floor or on the edge of the sofa so they could listen to her. The news she had shared had been quite interesting to them, as none of them had expected to hear that Dixie had been near the group of apes and the tamers again. Even more surprising was that they had been allied all along, and even worse, that the four bully kids from school were the adopted children of those apes. They never expected that they could have been so close to them, and that perhaps Diddy and Dixie had prevented greater misfortunes in the future because of their adventure.

"So... it's all over," Tiny said, looking down at the floor as she looked pensive after listening to Dixie. "We're not going to be in any danger anymore..."

"At least from those apes and even those tamers... no," Dixie replied serenely.

"No, no, no, Chunky doesn't know what to think now," Chunky said, shaking his head side to side with his hands on his temple.

Tiny and Chunky had teary eyes, partly from sadness at remembering their situation, but also from the amazement and reassurance of knowing that a settling score had been made for everything those evil ones did to their families. Dixie, although she could already keep herself a little calmer talking about the topic, also had her eyes a little moistened to see her sister and cousins just processing the situation. Kiddy, on his part, only listened to everything, since upon being still an infant, he did not understand clearly what had happened.

"Then that's why those monstrous hunters wanted to take us away that time," Tiny added, before raising her voice a little. "And why did Mom and Dad never tell us anything?!"

"I guess it was to not scare us and try to protect us," Dixie replied. "I didn't understand it at first either."

"So... was it already something that could happen?" Tiny added with a tone of sadness. "Had those monstrous ones always wanted to catch us? Urgh, I hope they really rot in prison!"

"In fact, they're already rotten," Dixie reaffirmed. "The people said they can't even get up anymore... and that they won't even live that long. And regarding the apes, well... it might reassure me that they're no longer in this world, although... I don't know what to think about their history with those tamers either."

"Hey, but seriously... it's all incredible," Chunky said again, in amazement. "Diddy and you were able to defeat all those monsters, and even saved many more animals. You'd have taken us with you! Chunky would have liked to give them a comeuppance too... Or wait, I wouldn't know how to do it if they carried guns."