Chapter 95: Existing Feelings

That week was over, and Diddy and Dixie were at Mr. Pinky's house. They had managed to get through that week without problems; they could not stop counting the time they had left to be able to leave for DK Island, as they wanted so much. At the same time, they knew that leaving that island would cause them something, where they spent quiet and happy moments, as well as others not so nice... and others who led them into terrible situations. But after all, returning to DK Island and seeing their relatives again couldn't stop to make them excited for the moment to arrive.

Both were on the floor of their room reading some comics that Mr. Pinky had lent them from the beginning, along with several comics around them on the floor. Throughout that week, both stayed at home to rest at night in their room while reading something, playing board games or talking. That was their last night there.

"I don't understand how it could end up that way," Diddy commented as he flipped through the last page of the comic they were reading. "The gorilla was supposed to always be there for Super Monkey Kong; wasn't that what they had promised?"

"He wasn't his friend after all," Dixie added in the same way. "He turned out to be a traitor to him and just wanted to use him to carry out his macabre plan."

"That gorilla gave me a bad feeling from the beginning; I already said before that so much kindness in excess was very suspicious and in order to get something from him... Geez, where have we seen this before?"

Suddenly, the door to the room was knocked, causing them both to get up to open it, assuming it was Mr. Pinky.

"Yeah, mister?" Diddy said when they saw him.

"Hey, kids," Mr. Pinky replied, "I was just coming to ask you if you have everything ready for tomorrow. You'll leave in the afternoon, right?"

"That's right, mister," Dixie replied, nodding her head. "And everything is ready; we already loaded enough fruits to eat and water to drink."

"Okay, because I remind you that on a ship it'll take more than just one or two whole days to get there, so make sure to take plenty of food."

"Don't worry, mister," Diddy said. "We'll take more than enough food."

"That's good," the teacher said, smiling at them. "And right, something else. It's that I wanted to ask you a favor for your trip; just... it's something that you must be very careful with when carrying it."

"Really? About what?" Dixie asked, looking at him a little strangely.

"Well... it's for Mrs. Wrinkly, in fact," the teacher replied. "It's some documents that were sent from the community of teachers, and I must send them to her. Oh, and there's something for Mr. Cranky, too, so make sure he gets it too."

"For Cranky?" Diddy asked with a little laugh. "And why him?"

"Uh, well... They sent that to him too," the teacher replied with a shrug. "I have no idea why, but some teachers have been sent those documents for them and their spouses, so you must take that to both of them. I'll keep them in a box, but please, I just want to ask you not to open it," he said, emphatically. "Those documents are serious and of the utmost importance; they must remain intact until they reach their recipient, okay?"

"Okay, mister," Dixie replied. "Then we'll take it to them, don't worry."

"Okay, kids," the teacher said, still smiling. Then, he took out a small object from his pocket before showing it to the two. "Oh, and one last thing, I wanted to give you this... It'll be useful for your journey."

Diddy and Dixie took the object he was offering them. It was a round object and had letters and needles that rotated as they held it.

"Is this a compass?" Diddy asked as he took it.