Chapter 69: Caught Red-handed

The herd of evil apes went up the second floor to the lab, with Diddy and Dixie in their arms. During the tour... Diddy and Dixie caught sight of some silhouettes running at the end of some corridors; of course, it was the quartet of mechanical children, who fortunately, neither the apes nor the other quartet saw them. Even so, both begged that neither would see them, since they knew that they would be finished off if the apes would find out about the recent procedure they did with those four kong children.

The herd of apes entered the laboratory and immediately placed Diddy and Dixie in the chairs where they initially had the kidnapped kong children, while keeping their guns pointed at them all the time. The apes pressed buttons on the chairs, and with those they activated shackles that tied Diddy and Dixie by the hands, legs and torso. The quartet of bully children were also in front watching them.

"Well, now we can start," the lead orangutan said, looking earnestly at Diddy and Dixie. "Escaping from here is not a good option at all, monkey children. Now... we're glad to have you back," he added, looking at them menacingly.

The menacing gazes of the group of mandrills and orangutans made them both too tense; it was such a strong tension that it even made them limit themselves to just thinking about DK Island and their relatives there.

"Kids!" the brown-lapel mandrill said to the quartet. "You've done something good in catching this pair, we're proud of you," he added before smiling and patting Rocky, who was his son.

"You haven't done things wrong after all," the red-lapel mandrill added, smiling and heading towards Melenky and then hugging him.

"We really needed that pair of monkeys," the blue-lapel mandrill added, patting Mandrew subtly.

"Good job, guys! You're going to be rewarded," the lead orangutan added as he carried Jemky in his arms.

Suddenly, the apes were making congratulatory gestures to their respective children, except for the black-lapel orangutan, who didn't seem to be the father of any of them, but who nevertheless showed himself with the same expression. It was a scene that, apparently, was not so common in that family.

"Alright!" the brown-lapel mandrill exclaimed as he put Rocky down, whom he had carried. "Now let's bring all those little brats to start!"

"And we have to prepare things," the lead orangutan added. "Manny and Terry, help me by ordering these quartzes by color," he said to the blue and red-lapel mandrills respectively. "Will and Rusty, get the devices ready," he added to the other orangutan and the other mandrill.

"Are you also going to teach us how to do mechanization?" Melenky asked the group of apes with a look of supplication.

"Just because we need to finish this quickly, son, we're going to teach you," the red-lapel mandrill replied, before changing to a fixed, serious look. "But just don't go out with some antics or mischief, okay?"

"Hey, by the way," Jemky said after a while. "Have you also caught a gorilla that walks through here?" he asked the adult apes curiously.

"A gorilla?" the brown-lapel mandrill said while preparing some equipment on a countertop. "Ah, yeah, that gorilla. We haven't told you, but we caught him a few days ago; he's hypnotized in case you're wondering. And we ordered him not to harm any of you, so don't fear him."

"We're going to do that mechanization to him later, by the way," the lead orangutan added.

Diddy and Dixie instantly looked at each other in panic upon hearing that and realizing that they weren't so wrong in their assumptions.

"His name is Pinky, isn't he?" Mandrew added in the same way.

"What?!" the lead orangutan exclaimed, turning to look at them with some astonishment along with the other apes. "And how do you know he's called that?!"