Chapter 59: Unfair Disillusionment

It was sunset hours, and Dixie was sitting on some rocks on the beach. She thought about all the individuals she knew from Hurricane Island and all the things that were mentioned in that letter that she never wrote. She tried to figure out who might have been the author of all that, but she couldn't get any final answer yet, she couldn't even find any logic to it.

Dixie needed to go find Diddy; she wondered how he would be at that moment. Maybe for him it was all over, but not for her, not until she could prove that all those defamations that had been made to her were false. Dixie feared that she would never find an answer and Diddy would never believe her; she didn't want to throw away a relationship that both of them had been building and had wanted so much to have.

She even went around the beach several times to see if Jemky, Melenky or the four bully kids appeared again... Although that didn't seem to happen nor was there a trace of them, which became strange, since in addition... she thought that if they wanted to hurt them both, they would have already done it and wouldn't let themselves show out of nowhere just how Jemky had arrived with Melenky. It came to cross her mind that the situation of running into those bullies didn't even look as threatening as she thought.

Then, she headed towards the animal shelter, as the animals that were from the circus were the first to inform them that Jemky and Melenky had arrived to look for them. Now she understood why those animals were nervous to tell them that, so she assumed they would have some clues.

Upon arriving at the shelter, she looked directly for those three animals that had informed her about it. It wasn't so difficult, since she barely arrived, those animals noticed her presence as if she were the center of attention.

"Dixie! How is it going?" everyone from the circus greeted her, some cheerful, and others, on the other hand, looked at her with uncertainty as if they knew something about the topic.

"Hey, I need you to tell me something," Dixie said seriously. "Those of you who had told Diddy and me that those two kids were looking for us: I want to talk to you. What did those two kids say to you?!"

"By the way, Dixie... Really..." said the same zebra that had informed them, "was that orangutan boy your... another boyfriend?"

"What?! No!" Dixie replied firmly and disgustedly. "Of course not!"

"That's what he told us," added a gorilla. "He said that he had come looking for you, that he had a surprise for you."

"Oh, no, of course not!" reaffirmed Dixie. "Those two kids who came were from the group of thugs from the school Diddy and I were going to. And that orangutan is not my boyfriend; he's an insane psychopathic kid; he's crazy!... Why didn't you tell us earlier that those looking for us were an orangutan and a red-shanked langur?"

"We thought that was true!" replied an elephant. "And you know, we were afraid of how Diddy would react; we didn't want you two to fight."

"Oh, but you would have told us anyway," Dixie replied before looking down in frustration. "Oh, so what! You didn't know those fools, anyways. And yes, Diddy got upset with me now... He even wanted us to break up."

"What?!" exclaimed the animals, showing shock. "But why? Aren't you two supposed to trust each other? You could explain it to him and tell him that it was all a misunderstanding, wasn't it?"

"I know. But it's that it's not a simple misunderstanding; you don't know what that idiot orangutan did," Dixie said, feeling indignant again. "He showed us a letter that according to him I sent it, it even had my own handwriting, but I have no idea who sent it or if they made it themselves. By the way... didn't he tell you about that letter or do you know anything about it?"