Extra: One Month Later

About a month later...

"What?!" Diddy exclaimed as he felt the circulation go down to his feet as he read a note. "It can't be! Donkey!"

"Holy heavens!" Wrinkly exclaimed, looking too worried. "How could that happen?!"

The Kong family was gathered on the beach... Although this time, they were all scared and worried. A few hours ago, Diddy and Dixie had been worried about Donkey, since it was very late and he was not yet returning home, so they had gone to look for him. When they arrived at the beach, they had only found an alarming scene: a Donkey's beach chair torn to pieces and several footprints surrounding it and, as if that were not enough, there was a note on the pieces of the chair, which said:

"To the yellow-bellied, land-lubbing Kong Family:

Hah-arrrrh! We got the big monkey!

If you want him back, you scurvy dogs, you'll have to hand over the banana hoard!

Kaptain K. Rool"

Everyone, especially Diddy, was too worried about what they saw. After so long, they did not imagine that they would encounter something like this again, especially kremlings.

"I thought we'd seen the last of that old rascal K. Rool a long time ago," Wrinkly said.

"Well, I suppose we'd better give him the bananas, wouldn't we?" Cranky added, worried too.

"What?! What are you saying?" Diddy exclaimed, looking oddly at Cranky. "After all we had to do to get them back last time? Donkey would go crazy if he lost the bananas again!"

"Don't you have better ideas, boy?" Cranky demanded. "And what about Donkey?!"

"We have to rescue him, of course," Diddy and Dixie replied simultaneously.

"Wait a minute," Cranky said, staring at him. "What do you mean by 'we have'?"

The entire Kong family looked at each other, without changing their worried faces.

"I don't think you can count on me, dudes," Funky said, taking a few steps back. "I don't like adventures, sorry."

"And I think I'm a bit old for that sort of thing," Wrinkly added, worried, too.

"And I'm sure I won't either," Cranky added, showing some indecision. "I'm no longer in my time to face these kinds of events, much less dealing with kremlings."

All the other kongs muttered similar things, except for Diddy and Dixie, who just looked at everyone and reread the note K. Rool had left. Suddenly, unable to hold his calm any longer, Diddy looked up at everyone before speaking.

"Then I'll go!" Diddy exclaimed in a tone of absolute firmness, earning a few astonished looks from the rest. "I went with Donkey on our last adventure, so I'll go for him now."

Immediately, everyone looked at Diddy with various expressions: some with bewilderment, while others with too much concern. Suddenly, Cranky even started to emit some small laughs.

"You?" Cranky asked again with a look of weirdness. "But you're just... a short stature monkey, how do you think you're going on that mission all by yourself? It's the kremlings, kid!"

"What are you saying?" Diddy exclaimed, feeling somewhat insulted by Cranky's words. "Of course I can go!"

"Don't call him that!" Dixie came out to defend him. "Diddy can be as capable as a hero, of course he can!"

"Do you believe that?" Cranky stressed again. "Do you think he'll be able to face those kremlings and all their traps, all by himself?"

"He won't be by himself!" Dixie replied, speaking firmly. "I'm going with him!"

Everyone, especially Diddy, turned their gazes to Dixie suddenly and were shocked.

"Hey, what are you saying?!" Diddy exclaimed to her, getting a bit flustered. "Facing those Kremlings is dangerous, Dixie!"

"Are you afraid to go, or not?" Dixie asked him seriously.

"Of course not!" Diddy replied firmly.

"Well, neither am I," Dixie replied. "Don't try to argue; if you're going, I'm going with you"

Diddy stood still for a moment, while Dixie continued to look at him intently, showing the same firm attitude as him in embarking on rescuing Donkey. After all, he seemed to be Donkey's only hope at that moment, and Dixie his only willing companion to help him. Even if he couldn't deny that he feared something might happen to either of them, he couldn't let so much time pass either, so after thinking about it more, he nodded in agreement towards Dixie, receiving a slight but firm smile from her.

"Then we'll go..." Diddy said, showing himself with all certainty along with Dixie.

The other kongs looked much more worried, but also amazed by both of their attitudes.

"Well, go ahead then," Cranky said, sighing and shrugging. "Let's see how capable you two will be against those Kremling lizards. And I just hope you both come back safe and sound, and bring that lazy Donkey back with you."

"We'll bring him back, you'll see," Diddy said firmly, as Dixie joined him, and both nodded as a sign of reassurance.

The other kongs, unable to stop them, only gave them moral support and encouragement for the adventure they were about to undertake. Wrinkly gave them warm smiles and gestures of support as if she were a mother. Funky, Lanky, and Swanky bumped fists with them as a gesture of support. Candy also hurried to give them support, while praying for Donkey to be okay. Tiny, Kiddy, and Chunky, on their part, were quite worried but wanted to trust Dixie and Diddy, believing that everything would be fine since they had seen them survive together before.

Then, the young Kong couple proceeded to start preparing everything for their adventure. Even though they knew they were going to take risks, they still maintained their firm attitude to go in search of Donkey and bring him back, and being the two of them together in it, they wouldn't have so much to fear...

*THE END...

It continues in Diddy's Kong Quest...

A/N: Well, here is the end... :3 Thank you for reading.