Chapter 86: A Deep Conversation

A/N: Extensive chapter.

"I can't believe it; did they really find that?" one of the people asked others. "A building hidden on an islet?"

"Indeed, and they're trying to find the location of that building. They may find important material there."

"Anyway, that proves that Messrs. Owens would be the masterminds of this case; they were more than visible in those video recordings. In any case, this will continue to be investigated."

A group of people was near the playground, finishing examining the six little kongs in case they had any inconvenience in their time of recreation. Those people were talking about the current case, apparently with recent updates and, as expected, the kongs were listening attentively to what they were saying.

"We'll see if those tamers will be sentenced, which is most likely the case. Did you also hear that the investigators are going to interrogate the pilot and co-pilot of the aircraft? In the recordings, it was revealed how the Owens made a deal with them and how they were going to take the little chimpanzees away; they only kept the adult apes and the other four little ones in cages at that time."

"Heavens, I honestly didn't think those video recordings would be that revealing," one of the people added as they examined Dixie. "Who would have thought that a few little apes would provide us with that information? It seems they're very intelligent and know how to defend themselves very well, as seen in those recordings."

"By the way... don't these two little ones get along with these four ones?" one of the people asked, pointing to Diddy and Dixie and then to the quartet.

"According to what we saw in those videos... no. Although they don't seem to get along that badly now; even this afternoon they have spent playing together normally. With whom we should be more careful is with adult apes; they may already have a more fixed aggressive personality... It was even seen that they know how to use guns, and it seems that the four little ones have been learning as well."

"What a horror. Surely that training is also the work of those Owens."

The people finished examining the little kongs, and then returned them to the playground area. Suddenly, another person entered carrying trays of various fruits to give to the kongs. After that, the people left again and left them alone. It was almost nightfall and all the kongs were quite hungry, so they didn't hesitate to start enjoying the food.

"At least the food here is delicious," Jemky said as he chewed on the food.

The six kongs continued to eat until they left their respective trays empty. Strange as it seemed, the people appeared again and took away the trays immediately, leaving the kongs alone again and earning dubious looks from them.

"Are they spying on us or what?" Mandrew asked, crossing his arms.

"They said they were going to evaluate us; they must be monitoring us somehow," Rocky replied, shrugging as they settled on some low platforms in the playground.

"What time will we leave here?" Melenky asked after a while. "I think we should go look for our dads. We'll enter through the windows in case the door is locked."

"We can't go in; the windows are closed now," Rocky pointed to the exterior walls of the clinic, where the windows on each level of it could be seen. "Besides, our dads still have to recover well. I think the sapphires have not yet finished working on them."

"I hope those tamers are locked up in jail soon," Melenky added with a somewhat worried look. "I'm really afraid they'll come for us."

"What are you saying?" Jemky said, looking at him strangely. "They won't come for us; together with our dads we'll give them their comeuppance again. They won't kill us, so there's nothing to fear."