Chapter 10: A New Emotion

The next day, Diddy was leaving his house, although this time... he kept receiving playful and suspicious gestures from Donkey, who had been reminding him of what he discovered in his notebook the night before. Diddy was just trying to downplay it and now he made an excuse that it was a detail he did for all his friends.

Then, Diddy headed towards Kong Kollege. For some reason... he wasn't feeling so nervous this time about going; he didn't know if it was because he had now been left thinking more about Donkey's embarrassing discovery, or if he was really more confident of making it to school.

Diddy tried to go with long steps in the vicinity of the schoolyard, when suddenly, the four bad kids appeared in front of him without further ado.

"Here you are, stupid vermin!" Jemky said, taking him by the shoulders.

Suddenly, Diddy gave Jemky a hard look, grabbed his arms and pushed them away forcefully.

"Hey, what are you trying to do, you idiot monkey?!" Jemky replied, trying to hold him down. "To us-"

But this time, Diddy grabbed him tightly by the shoulders and pushed him away until he fell to the ground. Then, he continued walking.

"Hey, what do you think?!" Rocky said, going to grab him forcefully by the arm.

Instantly, Diddy gave him a hard push, swallowing the fear that they might respond to him in a worse way. Mandrew and Melenky tried to pounce on him, but Diddy grabbed their arms tightly to each one while looking at them as if he didn't fear them.

"Miserable monkey!" Mandrew said about to beat him.

"Hey, why do you call Diddy that?" Dixie suddenly appeared.

The four of them turned to look at her, while Dixie began to move her ponytail as if she was threatening them. She was in every position to fight, although this time, the quartet didn't show themselves in the same way, but rather, they began to give some apparent forced smiles.

"Oh, hi, Dixie," Jemky said with a forced smile. "Nice to see you... And we were just greeting Diddy," he added, addressing Diddy. "How about you, Diddy? Nice to see you too."

"Ah, yes, yes, it's true," Rocky added in the same way. "How have you been, monkeys?"

"Yes, what has become of your lives? How are you doing?" Mandrew added, patting Diddy on the shoulder.

"Hey, we're not going to fight?" Melenky asked, looking confused, but then Rocky seemed to have given him a light pinch, while smiling his teeth at him. "Ahh, sure, how have you been, Diddy and Dixie?" he added with a forced smile.

Then, looking at the four of them strangely, Diddy headed towards Dixie and beckoned her to continue on their way to school. As they walked, Dixie also looked at them strangely and suspiciously. For some reason, the four of them didn't chase them this time, so they were both able to walk calmly to the courtyard. Diddy and Dixie only shrugged their shoulders after seeing that unusual behavior in those bully children.

Later, Wrinkly arrived and all the other children entered the classroom. The class was much better that day, in fact.

During the break hours, Diddy and Dixie walked together taking their lunches and talking about their days, and also about the four bully children... who this time, none of them approached them.

At the end of the day's class, Diddy and Dixie quickly headed for another shortcut that Diddy had planned to escape the quartet of evil children, although to their bad surprise, they accidentally ran into them when they were crossing some bushes. Both put themselves in position to fight with all the attitude, but this time... the four of them just looked at them two with some seriousness. Suddenly, Jemky started smiling at them a little.