29

☆ 29. Chapter 29: Human Heart

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 29: Human Heart

After the unpleasant things they encountered in the supermarket, the four of them finally drove home without stopping too much.

Although the arrival of the group interrupted their search, fortunately, they had almost all the things they needed to take. At least the amount of food they needed during the recent period was guaranteed. of. What is worrying is the behavior of that group of people in the future.

The end of the world is coming, but the human heart is something even more difficult to understand. In order to survive, I dont know how many people will sell their hearts to the devil. And if that group of people can act so arbitrarily in peacetime, let alone the end of the world when they kill people without repaying their lives. I really dont know what kind of behavior that group of people will do in the days to come. Of course, if it doesn't endanger their own lives, Fang Qi and the others won't pay attention to it.

However, if this group of desperadoes could find weapons like pistols at this time, it shows that they are not simple. After all, not everyone can get something like a pistol. I dont know what force is behind it.

As soon as the car drove into the community, Fang Qi felt that the air here was unusually fresh compared to the outside. Of course, he knew that these were just his own thoughts. In fact, the entire H City is now filled with a faint smell. Although it's not much, it makes people feel very depressed and irritable.

In order to facilitate transportation, Fang Qi and the others parked the two cars downstairs of their residence.

After parking the car, some people in the community would deliberately look in their direction when passing by. It wasn't until He Cheng opened the trunk to reveal the food inside that the eyes of the group changed from curiosity to envy, greed and jealousy. It's just that they don't have the guts to snatch it openly now. At most, he just stared at the large amount of food in the car with sinister eyes.

After sensitively feeling the strange looks from the people around him, Fang Qi frowned in annoyance, but he didn't know what to do. These people have been his neighbors for more than ten years, although he can't name some of them and rarely talks to them. But the children of some of them are Fang Qi's classmates in elementary school, junior high school or high school. Because they live close by, even if some people's women are not Fang Qi's classmates, they are still his classmates' classmates.

But what if this group of people who were friendly before now break up with them over food?

Fang Qi was not afraid that they would deal with him openly, but he was afraid that they would plot against him secretly. By then they will be unable to defend themselves.

Perhaps sensing the discomfort coming from Fang Qi, Anchi patted him on the shoulder soothingly, hoping that Fang Qi could relax a little. In fact, Anchi certainly noticed the looks in the eyes of the neighbors around him. But now that group of people didn't take action, they could only endure it. However, Anchi remembered all those guys who showed greed and jealousy. Even if they haven't made any small moves yet, who knows what will happen in the future. You should always be on guard.

At least it's very chaotic outside now, and there's no safe place, so they will stay here for a long time. Then you will have more time to interact with them. Of course, as time goes by and someone runs out of food, they will start to use crooked ideas to take away their things.

An Chi has no harmful intentions, but there is no guarantee that someone will be jealous and commit murder and seize goods.

Because there was a lot of food in the car, they discussed and decided to let two people take turns guarding the car while the other two were responsible for carrying the things in the car.