Vampire ROTTMNT Headcanons

CW: Blood drives, mention of needles, blood, being bitten, animal deaths mentioned, vampires

They all got infected/turned after being bit by a vampire bat mutant.

Mikey:

-Mikey has the longest canines of his brother, something that causes him to avoid feeding on living things as much as he can. He tried once and felt awful for the cries it made, so he usually goes out and tries to find newly deceased animals, or steals from a butcher. Will also kill animals if he has to. His longer canines also make it harder for him to hide his 'condition', but he'll usually brush accusations off with comments of genetics or his mutation.

-Constantly bites his lips while talking, the long fangs getting in his way. He basically has to relearn how to enunciate his words due to them. He gets easily frustrated by his inability to speak well, and gets irritated easier because he can't explain why he's feeling upset.

-He's able to adjust to most of the new abilities fairly easily, as all of them are already incredibly strong and fast due to their mutation. The night vision and sensitivity to light, however, excites him. He's content to wear sunglasses during the day if they need to go out, and the ability to see better in the dark makes their night missions a lot easier. Plus, he's now able to stay up all night painting without alerting his brothers to him being up so late.

-Absolutely despises that he basically can't cook anymore. He still makes food for his father, but he can't even touch half the best ingredients without gagging anymore. Food smells rancid at best, and tastes thick and unsavory no matter how much he tries to fix it.

-He's always trying to snuggle up with you now, his skin constantly cold from the lack of circulation. He likes to latch onto you and bury his face into your stomach, trying to pretend he's still alive and well.

-He likes to bite the deltoid of your shoulder the most because he can hug you close while he does it, but still drape himself over you. You're the only human blood he usually gets, but he only does it when you offer it first. He doesn't want to accidentally pressure you into letting him feed off you if you're not comfortable with it.

-Hates to think that he won't age with you. As he starts to grow faster than normal via the virus, he's constantly having growing pains and this causes him to come to you for comfort more. He doesn't like that he's basically shooting into adulthood, and since none of them have experienced it before, they aren't sure when it will stop. When it peaks when they seem to be in their mid twenties, Mikey just feels sad. You may not have aged a decade in a year, but your aging never stops. He's terrified to watch your years pass by without him.

Donnie:

-Donnie has the shortest canines, which causes him to look the most 'normal' to his original self. He prefers to have human blood, solely taste wise, but usually has SHELLDON get it for him rather than hunting himself because he hates drinking straight from the source. He transfers it into bottles or bags so he can save it and stock up. He avoids drinking from animals mainly because he doesn't trust them to have parasites or rabies, and while he isn't happy about drinking from random humans, he can at least hack into their medical records first. Donnie chooses his blood incredibly carefully.

-You and April(if she lets him) are the only people he'll feed on directly. If April lets him, he'll usually do it like a blood drive and just take a small bit of her blood into a blood bag. For you, it depends. If you're scared of needles, he'll just do it the 'normal' way, but if not, he'll let you choose to get it done via blood collection. Where he likes to bite depends on his mood. Sometimes the neck is easiest because you're just right there and he hasn't eaten in hours. Sometimes the lower shoulder or the wrist is better because you're both just trying to get it over with.