What's Yours is Mine(ROTTMNT Donnie x Reader)

CW: thievery, apologies, OOC Donnie

The hoodie you were wearing was softer than most you've ever felt, the fabric so light and soothing you almost forgot it was on. You had to keep looking down before passing a window, making sure you hadn't forgotten to put on a shirt so you don't walk by with a bare chest. The earlier guilt from taking it had died down by now. No accusatory texts, no panicked calls. As far as you could tell, Donnie didn't even know it was missing yet. Made sense, you thought. He never wore it that often. Not unless he was going out into the public eye.

The sense of safety you felt in the hoodie so far has caused you to grow careless, cocky even. You knew Donnie was popping in today. The time of which, you weren't entirely sure. He could pop in at any moment, yet you were still in the stolen hoodie. You sigh, deciding not to push your luck. It would only tick off Donnie to know you stole his favorite(and only) hoodie. Not to mention he'd have probably lent it to you if you just asked either way.

You slip the hoodie off your shoulders, shaking it twice to get the imaginary dirt off before hanging it up in your closet. The thought, while feeling a bit silly at first, ended up being a good idea. Seconds after you close your closet and take a step back, Donnie raps his knuckles against your window. Shaking off the guilt and the embarrassment, you open the window to let him in.

"Greetings," Donnie says, a self-satisfied grin on his face. It was later in the night, his back lit by the moon and his face by the lights of your room. It was nice to see him so relaxed, you realized. Having him content in your presence, his confidence showing through his eyes. You loved seeing him like this, and quietly vowed to never let that smile falter. You step out of the way to let him slip through the window, his battle shell sprouting spider-like appendages to assist him in balancing.

"Good to see you," You say smoothly, walking across your room to grab the controllers and set up the console you weaseled into your room earlier in the day. You've already set up everything for you both to have your weekly game tournaments, with the stack of games selected now reaching up to your knees. Plenty of material to go through, and you could easily set up a movie or pull out the board games in your closet if either of you get bored of button mashing.

The sound of a door creaking open while your back is turned makes you jolt, your eyes widening as you realize that by opening your closet, he definitely had seen the stolen hoodie. You turn to look back at him, trying to push down the sheepish look and maintain your innocence as he pulls out the accumulation of your thievery.

"What do you have here," Donnie muses, holding up the hoodie to his plastron and looking down at it like he was trying it on in a store. You shift on your feet, unsure what to say to him now that you have definitely been caught. The crazed twinkle in his eye and the urge to maintain your dignity held firm, causing you to double down.

"New hoodie I just got. You like it?"

Donnie looks you up and down, completely unimpressed by your innocent facade. "Oh really? You just happened to come by a large purple hoodie with the back modified to fit over a shell and larger pockets to fit hands like mine?"

You stare blankly at him, pursing your lips. "Mhm."

"I'll give you one more chance to admit this one's mine," Donnie says curtly, his eyes twitching as he looks the hoodie up and down for any damages. "I mean, you could have just asked before you rifled through my belongings to find it."

You slump forward slightly, giving in. "Yeah, it's yours. I'm sorry I took it, I should've asked."

Donnie grins at you again, smug. "Apology accepted. On one condition, of course."

You grimace at the thought, sighing deeply. Conditions from Donnie usually meant trouble, or you becoming a new assistant/experiment for one of his inventions. "And that condition is?"

"I get to take one of your hoodies in exchange. And allow Papá to make the needed alterations to it."

You chew on your cheek, trying to weigh the consequences of your actions. "Who gets to choose the hoodie?"

Donnie scoffs, shoving the problem hoodie into his battle shell as it opens up. He crosses his arms over his chest, giving you an incredulous look. "Me, obviously. You stole my hoodie."

The point he made was fair on all accounts. You knew deep down Donnie likely wasn't mad, more frustrated you had taken something without asking(again). However, knowing he'd almost definitely choose your favorite hoodie to alter sucked. There was a reason you didn't wear Donnie's hoodie outside and instead used it as loungewear. Mentally mourning your collection, you wave your hand towards your closet as a sign to let him have at it.

"Take what you want. Mi casa es tu casa."

Donnie grins smugly once more, clearly having expected that answer. He turns back towards your closet and starts to dig through it, looking through your hoodies to find his perfect victim. The glee in which he did so had you suspecting he had set you up in some way, but you keep those thoughts to yourself. If he wanted, he could alter your whole closet to fit him and you wouldn't say a word.

---

Words: 956

Posted: 07.09.24

Request: I see that your requests are open- {at least I hope they are because I see that they're open in like- 3 places-}

Can I get a RoTTMNT Donnie x reader with these two prompts:

Stealing clothing

"One more chance. I'll give you one more chance."

It can just be a silly little fluff thing where they keep stealing each other's comfort clothing or something sifdhufiigejj I jsut like seeing 1 prompt that could be seen as angst then going like "how to turn FLUFF?" You don't have to make it fluff and sorry for talking so much in this paragraph I'm just. So far ufsuguu

A/N, not important: Aww, I liked that you wanted to turn it fluff and I tried my best to keep it that way. Sorry it took so long(this ask is back from SEPTEMBER). Sorry if Donnie's out of character, it's been a while. Any criticism is welcome, constructive or not. This is supposed to be a gender neutral reader, so if I screwed up somewhere, please tell me.