Dangerous Attraction : Part 10

The previous Omatikayan leader marches right up to the Olo'eyktan. Kalín and Tuktirey watch in anticipation from the front of the crowd. The small girl feels happy seeing Jake stand up for Neteyam, even if he does so very violently.

Jake looks into Tonowari's eyes with fury, and takes note that Ronal doesn't seem to be around.

Jake- What is the meaning of this?

Tonowari- He nearly killed my son.

Jake- I nearly killed him!

He points back at the man, whose face he pummeled, being dragged back for care.

Jake- You see that? I did that to protect my son. I don't know why Neteyam hurt Aonung, but they don't look like enemies to me.

Tonowari glances at his son lending his shoulder to Neteyam.

Jake- Did you even bother to ask what happened?

The look on his face says everything.

Jake- You didn't. Of course you didn't. Where's Ronal?

Tonowari- I can handle this myself.

Jake- No you can't!

His raised tone angers Tonowari, but the man takes a breath to remain coolheaded.

Jake- Tenderness, chief! Remember?!

Tonowari- My son was being tender with him! And he tried to kill him! He deserves punishment!

Jake- Even if he needs to be disciplined, you shouldn't just tie him up like some prisoner!

Tonowari goes silent as Jake's voice breaks with rage.

Jake- In our last battle, my boy came running to me in chains! Bound to his wrists and ankles, leaving him scarred!

Tonowari- Jake-

Jake- They had him for two weeks, chief! Two fuckin' weeks!

His inner anger sends him on a rant, making everyone silent.

Jake- Two weeks I didn't see this boy, and he was going through hell! I don't give a shit what he does, or who he hurts, he doesn't deserve this!

The Olo'eyktan stands a bit startled, obviously he wasn't aware of what the boy had been through, since no one mentioned it to him. Jake takes a short breath, shifting in his place a bit.

Jake- Don't you ever hurt my son again. You understand?

He frowns, angered by Jake's authoritative tone with him.

Jake- Do you understand!?

He quickly takes another breath, reminding himself that the man only acts this way because he's protecting one of the only people he has left. With that thought, he sympathizes, and his tone remains calm.

Tonowari- Yes, I understand.

Jake- I'll find out what happened.

Tonowari- I will wait for your knowledge.

Jake sighs, and after a quick nod he walks away, glancing at his other children.

Jake- Lo'ak, Kiri, come on. Tuk, let's go.

They follow him obediently in silence, and keep their distance when approaching Neteyam.

Jake gives Neteyam a hand to stand, though the boy can do it just fine on his own, he's just feeling protective.

Aonung- The cut isn't too deep, it just needs some cream to stop the bleeding and ease the pain.

Jake nods and thanks Aonung for helping him, then turns to face Neteyam, who looks up at him with tears lingering in his eyes.

Jake- You're coming back home, alright? No more disappearing and living out on your own, that isn't how we do things. What do I always say?

Neteyam- Sullys stick together.

Jake- Exactly. No one's an outcast.

Jake sends a quick glare to Kiri, who doesn't react.

Jake- I want your brother to tend to your back, can you let him do that?

He nods, only complying because his father wants him to.

Jake- Okay, let's go.

Jake leads them through the crowd, shooting menacing looks in all directions to make them give way, then they head back to their den.