The Quake : Part 8

The Sullys have already been through a tragedy, making this next one hurt a little differently. But for Aonung and the many Metkayina of Awa'atlu, this is the first they've seen of total destruction.

Rotxo frowns a bit. He was attempting to hide his own hurt by distracting himself with light conversation, but he knows this is too much for his best friend to attempt to manipulate. With a sigh, he rubs his back a bit.

Rotxo- Another time then.

Jake suddenly lowers his Ikran, hovering over them. His children look up, seeing Koral holding onto him on the back.

Jake- You kids alright?

They nod up at him, and Kiri takes a moment to smile at Koral, remembering how he single-handedly saved her before and took her to Tsireya and Tuktirey at the edge of the woods. Then she sees something further up in the sky and looks past him.

He notices and looks up, letting out a sharp chirp when he sees the creature flying overhead. Jake looks up at the large figure, furrowing his brows. He flies back upward, trying to get a closer look, seeing something he's never seen before.

A silver Leonopteryx, soaring peacefully above them. He's never seen any around here, and has never seen one this color anywhere. The creature meets his gaze, letting out a screech.

It dives closer, until it's right in front of them. The villagers below watch in awe, and some in fear. But his kids don't fear at all, because they know exactly what's happening. The creature turns its back to Jake, and waits for him to get on.

He looks back at Koral, who is entirely confused.

Jake- We gotta get on this thing.

Koral- On, why?

Jake- It'll lead us home. Now get ready, we're gonna jump.

The moment he disconnects his queue from the Ikran, he jumps onto the Leonopteryx, with Koral right behind him. Rather than connect their queues, he allows this silver creature to have its own free will, believing that it's there to lead them to a safe place to stay.

As the creature moves forward, heading on an invisible path, Jake looks down at the chief on his Skimwing with Ronal and Tsireya near him.

Jake- Follow me!

With a nod, Tonowari calls the attention of his people, and points to the direction Jake is riding in. Many of them still aren't ready to leave, despite their home already being destroyed, but they follow nonetheless. A swarm this big in the water can both attract attention and deter it, but there's no telling which will happen. With the things they were able to salvage, they head out, leaving their home and trusting the silver flier to lead them to a new one.

As they ride, Aonung makes his way up to his family, while the Sully kids stick together. While riding next to Lo'ak, Neteyam suddenly remembers the conversation they had about Aonung before all this chaos happened. In complete honesty, he's been sick of seeing his brother flirt with the boy so much. He's been tired of steadily watching the two grow closer. Overall, he doesn't like having to share the heir's attention with anyone. He preferred for the time spent with the others to be separate from the time spent with him, the way it was when he lived in his cave.

He wanted to scold Lo'ak for making the decision that, to him, looked like he was just toying with the marine boy. But, in truth, he'd rather have them stop than continue. He himself is very fond of Aonung, and values his friendship, but also can't help but like him in a special way, and doesn't like the idea of him being with someone else like that. But the heir is his own being, and he can't control what he does.

The leonopteryx continues to guide the many, many Na'vi into waters they're unfamiliar with. Luckily, the weather isn't too rough, only throwing a bit of rain in their direction. Along the way, all Ronal can think is that Eywa is truly a giver. Even though their home was sacrificed in the process, she still saved their lives, and has now sent them a guide.