Hidden Battles : Part 1

Rain pours, drenching the beaches and pathways of Awa'atlu, but it hardly halts the duties of the Metkayina. Many of them are fortifying the barriers of the reef, preparing for any unwanted visitors.

After hearing of coming danger, Tonowari had his warriors spring into action. Half of them remain home, prepping and whatnot, while the other half are accompanying Jake and Tonowari to what's left of the Omatikayan lands.

They've been gone for about a week, and the village, though alert, remains peaceful. Jake has left his children with the task of looking after their guest, who is now named Koral. The boy seemed almost saddened by his deparcher, but was easily distracted by his children, as Jake wanted.

Currently, Koral is with Tsireya and Kiri, relaxing on a small hill under some trees just off the village. They were at first with Aonung and the others for training, but Koral refused to go into the water again, so the girls brought him here.

As he sits comfortably on his knees, Tsireya braids the front of his long hair, and Kiri sits in front of him, attempting to teach him better speech. Jake told them the sky people likely didn't bother to teach him to speak, him being of the last experiments made, so he only knows what he picked up on his own.

Kiri- "We are."

Koral- We-er.

Kiri- "We are."

Koral- We-er.

Kiri- No. "We are."

Koral- We-er.

Tsireya chuckles as Kiri sighs in defeat.

Kiri- Ok, fine. Let's focus on names again.

Koral- (chirps)

Kiri points to herself.

Kiri- I am Kiri.

Koral- You-er Ki-ri.

She nods in approvement, then points to him.

Kiri- You are Koral.

Koral- Me-er Ko-ral.

She nods again, then points to Tsireya.

Kiri- She is Tsireya.

Koral- She-er Sirra.

Kiri- Tsi-rey-a.

Koral- Si-rr-a.

Tsireya laughs lightly, finishing the front of his braids and pulling the rest into a ponytail to swing freely.

Tsireya- All done.

Kiri- Damn, me next.

Tsireya- (laughs)

Kiri gently plays with his hair, making him giggle.

Tsireya- I'll gladly do yours next, doe.

Kiri- Mmm, I think I'm good for now.

Tsireya- Ugh, you always say that. Stop playing and let me do your hair already.

Kiri- (laughs) No, sorry.

Tsireya rolls her eyes, and Koral laughs at the two.

Kiri- You really did a good job though, he looks great. Well, minus the drab grey clothing.

She gestures to his loincloth, making both him and Tsireya observe its lack of color. He looks at Kiri's attire, squinting in concentration for a moment.

Koral- Clothe. Me-er want.

He points to her loincloth, then she and Tsireya share the same look before facing him.

Kiri- Let's go get you some new clothes.

Tsireya- We're about to dress your cute ass up good.

They each stand, and head back to the village to visit the seamstress. Their trek doesn't go without stares, as always. But on Tonowari's order, the villagers are not to interact with Koral unless it's an act of kindness. Though Neteyam ignores the rule and acts however he feels towards him.