Heart & Cure : Part 7

Tonowari speaks to his son in a strict tone, making the boy's mother turn to look at him in confusion. Though equally confused, Aonung follows his father outside the den, and his sister trails behind him. Tsireya looks back at Kiri, seeing her and her brothers in the entrance watching.

Outside, Víat's wife and daughter are there. Ki'yun's face is as displeased as ever, and Afina looks tense. Tsireya exchanges another look with Kiri, both of them wondering what sort of trouble this girl has stirred up.

Aonung- What's the matter, father?

Tonowari- Why don't you tell me? Sleeping around like you have no decency? Playing with these girls and using them?

With his mouth agape, Aonung glances at Neteyam, but Lo'ak is quick to stand in front of him.

Lo'ak- Don't look to him for help.

Kiri- Lo'ak, what are you doing?

Lo'ak- I'm not letting him use Neteyam too.

Neteyam- What?

Lo'ak- Me, Afina, those other girls, and Rotxo.

Neteyam- Rotxo?

Neteyam looks past Lo'ak and sees the apologetic expression on Aonung's face, but it's quickly replaced with one of fear when his father suddenly shouts at him.

Tonowari- There are more?! You played with Jake's boys? And Rotxo? Tell me this is a lie, son!

Aonung's silence and expression speaks volumes, and his father can hardly believe it. Ronal, having heard the shouting from inside the infirmary, comes past the teens and over to her mate.

Ronal- Tonowari, what is the meaning of this? Why are you yelling at him?

Tonowari- Our son has been defiling people, and disrespecting the courting ways. He played with Afina, and many others.

Ronal- What?

Ronal looks at her son in disbelief.

Ronal- Surely that isn't true. Right, dear?

He averts his gaze, unable to face her, and Ronal holds a hand over her mouth.

Tonowari- There is no room for such indecency as the clan heir! What were you thinking, boy?!

Aonung- I-I wasn't trying to hurt anyone, I was just-

Lo'ak- I bet you weren't, 'cause you weren't expecting to get caught.

Neteyam- Lo'ak, what the hell are you talking about?

Lo'ak- He played us, and you were next.

Neteyam- The fuck? No, he isn't like that.

Lo'ak- Don't let him fool you, bro, he just wants to sleep with you.

Aonung stares at Lo'ak in betrayal, hurt by the accusations.

Aonung- You can't really believe that.

Tsireya, Kiri, and Lo'ak exchange looks, before turning back to him.

Kiri- It adds up. You're the only one who's been getting what you want.

Aonung- What? Tsireya.

Tsireya- They have a point. If that's what you were doing, just admit it, I won't hate you for your actions.