Brotherhood : Part 12

Without a word, he starts going towards Aonung, but sees Tsireya running towards their den in a hurry. When she runs in, she looks around frantically at each of them.

Kiri- Tsir-

Tsireya- You guys have got to see this.

The kids quickly drop everything, and Tsireya leads them all through the woven pathways and up to the infirmary. She stops at the entrance and beckons them over, while holding a finger to her mouth, telling them to keep quiet.

As they crowd around the entrance, Jake steps out the way going over to Ronal to explain what he brought in, revealing the boy Tsireya wants to show them. She points, and the others' eyes widen. Most in curiosity, especially Aonung, they've never seen a Na'vi like this, and it's intriguing to them. But not to Neteyam.

The oldest Sully boy knows exactly what it is they're gawking at, and he wants nothing to do with it.

After listening to Jake, Ronal walks over to the young stranger, kneeling down and inspecting him. She feels sorry for him, after hearing how he came to be.

Suddenly, the boy's large eyes open, and Ronal sees that they're double lidded, like the Metkayina. She stares into the bright colors of his eyes as he looks around. When his gaze lands on Jake, he rushes up and runs towards him, saying something that came out rushed, but gets tackled to the ground by none other than Jake's oldest son.

Neteyam pins him to the ground with his knife to his neck, and the others shout at him. It's obvious the stranger is afraid and confused. Jake quickly pulls his son off the startled boy, pushing him back and into Lo'ak's hold. Neteyam stands glaring and snarling at the stranger, but doesn't fight against Lo'ak to be let free.

Jake kneels down in front of him, speaking gently so not to scare him any more than he's already been.

Jake- You wanted to talk to me?

He nods and sits himself up, and grabs onto Jake's arm, tugging it a bit.

2G999- Coming, they-er, leave, must.

They each look around at each other, not quite understanding his disoriented speech.

Jake- Coming?

2G999- They-er.

Jake- They are coming?

He nods quickly.

Jake- Alright, who are they?

He looks around for a moment, then has a look of realization. He lets Jake's arm go and points to his own, tapping it a few times.

Jake- They . . . Look like you?

Happily, he nods again, grabbing onto his arm again.

Jake- They look like you, and they're coming.

He gives a short nod in confirmation, and Jake looks up at the Olo'eyktan and Tsahìk.

Jake- More like him are coming.

Tonowari- I wonder how many.

Ronal- We must help them.

2G999- (chirps)

The sharp noise gains their attention, and he quickly shakes his head with a fearful expression.

Jake- What? What is it?

2G999- Dono help.

Jake- Don't help?

2G999- We-er leave. Leave.

He shakes his arm desperately, looking between Jake and the other two adults.

Jake- He wants us to leave.

Ronal- Why don't you want us to help them?

2G999- They-er . . . They-er . . .

He blinks, looking for the words he wants to use, but perks up when another idea comes to him. He releases Jake's arm again and points to the dagger Neteyam still holds, then taps his throat with his other hand.

2G999- They-er blade. Use. (chirps)

He makes the sharp noise again, adding urgency to his warning.

2G999- Leave. Dono help, must.

He grabs onto Jake's arm again, looking him in the eyes, hoping he got his message across.

Jake- It looks like he wants us to leave, because they're coming to kill us.