Heart & Cure : Part 4

Back at the lake, Tsireya, Kiri, and Lo'ak are taking a break from the roughhousing they were doing in the water. The two girls ganged up on him the moment Aonung was too far away to come back and help.

As they sit in the lush grasses, conversing about their next hunt, the princess abruptly stops talking mid-sentence, seeing a certain bulky boy approaching them. Lo'ak's head tilts in confusion when she looks past him with an annoyed expression, then his body is suddenly engulfed by strong arms.

He almost reacts in violence, but between the kiss he receives on his neck, and the familiar scent, he relaxes and identifies the sudden intruder of his space. Lo'ak turns as the boy releases him and rests on a knee as he kneels next to him.

Lo'ak- Hey.

Conda- I've been waiting for you to come hang with us.

Lo'ak- I'm with these guys today.

Conda- You said that yesterday.

The boy whines in the most stoic manner, and rests a heavy arm around his shoulders, which makes Kiri and Tsireya simultaneously roll their eyes.

Conda- Stop starving your boyfriend. Come spend some time with me.

Lo'ak- You are not my boyfriend.

Conda- Why do you always say that?

Lo'ak- 'Cause you always forget.

He snaps back at Conda, making the boy's patience begin to wear thin, but the girls simply snicker at the scene, thinking it amusing.

Conda- Come on, cutie, don't do me like this.

Lo'ak- Begging won't help you, it just makes you sound desperate.

Conda- I am desperate, for you that is.

Tsireya- Ew.

Kiri stifles a laugh, and Conda glares at the two, his tail twitching in obvious irritation, but he tries to tune them out.

Conda- You're practically mine already. What's the point of dragging this out any longer?

Lo'ak- Keep talking about it and I'm gonna tell you to fuck off.

Conda- Is this because of Rotxo?

Tsireya's ears perk up, and the Sully boy's brows furrow, looking at Conda with utter confusion on his face.

Lo'ak- What the hell does he have to do with this?

Conda- Don't act like you don't know.

The girls exchange a look, also confused about how the sick boy has played a part in any of this.

Conda- He's as good as dead these days anyway, forget about him.

Lo'ak- Don't say that!

Lo'ak suddenly shoves him away, and shoots to his feet, fuming despite being relatively calm only a mere second ago.

Lo'ak- He's not dead. My dad will get back in time.

He speaks confidently, daring the boy to say otherwise again. Conda doesn't speak on that matter, instead being too busy glaring up at Lo'ak, at his breaking point. Without breaking eye contact with the blue boy, Conda speaks to the girls.