Heart & Cure : Part 5

At the infirmary, Lo'ak, Kiri, Tsireya, and Tuktirey have just arrived. After hopping off of her brother's back, the smallest leads them in and sees Ronal pacing back and forth with her arms folded. Once she notices them, she stops with relief and beckons them over as she goes to Rotxo's side.

She rubs his head gently to wake him, he had tired himself out trying to leave so many times while they waited. His eyes peel open halfway since his lids are too heavy to lift any further. Ronal looks at Lo'ak then pats the spot next to her for him to greet Rotxo.

Tsireya watches with a curious expression while Lo'ak kneels next to Rotxo with a soft smile. The ill boy smiles weakly at him.

Lo'ak- Hey, heard you were looking for me.

Rotxo- Who wouldn't want a comfortable lap to lay on?

Lo'ak glances at the others eyeing him, then moves to position himself behind Rotxo. He helps him sit up so he can get his folded legs in place, then Rotxo lies back down on his lap comfortably. With a soft sigh, Rotxo closes his eyes.

Rotxo- That's better.

The way he instantly falls asleep again visibly worries Lo'ak.

Lo'ak- He can hardly stay awake.

Ronal- He has lost a lot of his strength.

She looks at the girls standing near her and stands from her spot.

Ronal- It pains me to say it, but he will not last much longer.

Tuktirey- Don't worry, Dad will get here in time.

Ronal- I certainly hope so.

Ronal turns to look at Lo'ak gently playing with Rotxo's curly hair.

Ronal- At least he will have no reason to waste his energy trying to leave now. Lo'ak, would you please stay with him until your father returns?

Lo'ak- Why me?

Ronal- You're the one he kept asking for. If you're here, then he will stay.

Lo'ak- That doesn't really answer my question.

He speaks softly then looks down at the sleeping boy on his lap. Kiri and Tsireya exchange a look, then Kiri reassures Ronal.

Kiri- He'll do it.

Ronal- Thank you. There are a few things I need to do, I will be back later.

The Tsahík leaves the den, and her daughter stands there staring at the two boys on the floor skeptically.

Kiri- Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Tsireya- Yeah, but, that changes things. If he likes Lo'ak, then why the hell has he been with Aonu-

Kiri covers her mouth, but not before Lo'ak catches the name she was about to say. Tsireya internally curses, and Kiri sighs deeply at the shocked look on her brother's face when his gaze snaps up to them.

Kiri- Uh, Tuk, go see if Kalín needs some help, we'll take care of Rotxo.

Tuktirey- Okay.

The small girl knows they want to discuss something without her around, but she doesn't mind it, whatever secrets her teen siblings have always end up in the open at some point. It makes her wonder why they bother trying to keep them hidden in the first place.