The Al'Háven Way : Part 4

Rotxo walks off with the small girl, going nowhere in particular, besides to just trees in general, figuring more critters will be there. Kiri exchanges a look with Koral, then looks to Tsireya, who's the only one that hasn't decided to ditch them.

Kiri- So, what do you normally do?

Tsireya- Swim, mostly. It'll be a lot more fun with you though, come on.

She grabs her hand and starts walking to the water, but Kiri doesn't move, making her turn around.

Tsireya- What's the matter?

Kiri- You know he doesn't like the water.

Koral fidgets a bit, not only because of Tsireya's annoyed look towards him, but because of the people that have been aiming glares at him since they arrived. His kind are the reason their old home was destroyed, and they likely believe he should've died with the others.

Tsireya- He can just wait out here, he doesn't have to go in.

Koral- No.

Tsireya- So you wanna swim with us?

Koral- No, m-

Tsireya- Then what do you wanna do?

Kiri- You'd know if you just let him speak.

Tsireya rolls her eyes, making Kiri sigh in a bit of disappointment. Ever since what he did to Rotxo, Tsireya hasn't treated him in the kind way she used to. Kiri gives her attention to the quiet boy, missing the angered look on Tsireya's face.

Kiri- What do you wanna do?

He glances around at the glares that they don't seem to notice.

Koral- Leave.

Kiri- But-

Tsireya- Okay, bye.

Kiri- Tsireya.

Feeling unwanted yet again, he simply turns around and starts heading back to the village. Kiri snatches her hand away from Tsireya and lets out a short hiss, then starts going after him but is pulled back by her arm.

Tsireya- Wait, where are you going?

Kiri- Back to the village.

Tsireya- You're just gonna leave? We were finally gonna get to really hang out.

Kiri- That's exactly what I thought, but that's not what's happening.

She snatches her arm away and steps back.

Tsireya- Come on, doe. All this because he doesn't wanna swim? Seriously?

Kiri- Okay, one, you've been mean to him for no reason.

Tsireya- No reason? He-

Kiri- Rotxo is fine, Tsireya.

Tsireya glances at the back of the strange boy as he walks off, then looks back at Kiri with a shake of her head. She sighs, and steps up to Tsireya again with an understanding expression.

Kiri- I know you were just worried for your friend, I mean, I was too. But you know, in the end, he was only trying to help. You can't stay mad at him forever.

Tsireya- (scoffs) Okay, whatever, I'll be nicer next time. Now let's go have some fun.

Kiri frowns, not liking the rushed and halfhearted response.