Til Eywa Do Us Part : Part 8

In the fields of wet grasses and small hills, at a distance the drowsing mist has yet to reach, Neteyam continues to walk aimlessly onward, and a worried Aonung follows him without hesitation.

Neteyam has yet to speak a word to him, and he doesn't know what to do with it. They dropped their hauls off at Aonung's home, and were supposed to go to the Sully den next, but Neteyam took a few of his fish, then continued out of the village, and of course he followed.

Through the soaked grasses of waters sometimes inches deep, he follows his silent lover far past the lake, and to the hills clear across the haven. Usually, no one goes quite this far, except for Neteyam, who has flown to every inch of the island on his Ikran.

Speaking of the winged creature. On the farthest other end of the haven, where the two boys have come to a stop, Itero the Ikran is there to greet them. They ascend a tall hill, taking them out of the flooded grasses. Neteyam goes up to the creature, and hooks his net of fish into the saddle, then rubs its snout, and speaks softly to it. He apologizes for his behavior the last time they were together, and Itero clicks in response, forgiving him.

Aonung- Neteyam, what are we doing out here?

The Omatikayan boy turns around, seeing confusion and a hint of worry on his marine lover's face. He's been so listless on this rainy day, which is opposite to the person Aonung knows him to be. Behind the heir, the spreading mist grows closer, and Neteyam knows it's almost time.

As Aonung approaches him, seeing a surge of pain suddenly grow on his expression, his ears lower, and his tail hangs motionlessly.

Aonung- You've been acting strange today. Are you okay?

He glances behind the boy once more, then looks into the pale blue eyes filled with concern.

Neteyam- Sit with me for a moment.

Aonung- Okay, but-

Neteyam grabs his hand and pulls him down to the ground as he kneels to his knees, making him do the same.

Aonung- You didn't answer my question.

Neteyam- I'll be fine.

Aonung- That means you aren't fine right now then. What's wro-

He leans forward to gently press their lips together, in the kindest way of telling the boy to stop talking. Aonung internally objects to being silenced, but his body refuses to break away from a kiss, which is what Neteyam was hoping for.

He scoots closer to Aonung, until their knees touch lightly. With one hand on Aonung's thigh for support, he slides the other up his neck and to the back of his head, grabbing gently onto his bun. He tilts the heir's head to the side a bit, and opens his eyes just in time to see the mist reach their spot and begin to engulf them.

Though he wants to continue, Neteyam brings their short session to an end, and unknowingly gives Aonung the most heartbreaking expression he's ever made. Completely forgetting about the distraction of a kiss he just received, Aonung is immediately filled with worry at the sight.

His marine hands cup the blue boy's face, and he looks between both golden eyes trying to figure out what this looming dread is that's currently hanging over them. With his heart suddenly racing, his desperation leaks out in his voice.