Heart & Cure : Part 8

As the villagers disperse, Neteyam puts his knife away, finally letting his guard down. He turns to Aonung, who still looks shocked beyond belief at the scene he just watched.

Neteyam- Are you alright?

Aonung- Yeah, I just . . . Yeah.

Tsireya- You!

Kiri- Reya, don't!

The two boys turn and see the princess storming up to them with a scowl, and Kiri trailing after her. Lo'ak slowly walks after them, nervous to even confront the boys, but Tsireya stands right up to them, seething.

Tsireya- You can't do this to me! You have no right!

Neteyam- Suck it up, princess, I really couldn't care less.

Tsireya- You're fucking awful! How the hell can my brother care about you at all?!

Aonung- Don't-

Tsireya- Oh wait, I know how! He's not the Angel everyone thought he was. How could you use Rotxo of all people?

Neteyam- Everyone has shit they aren't proud of.

Tsireya- Spoken like a true fucked up asshole who just does shit for whatever reason, not caring how it effects anyone else, and not expecting any consequences.

Neteyam- Don't act like you can even comprehend half the shit I do, 'cause you can't.

Tsireya- Aonung, are you seriously gonna let him ruin my life like this? Father is gonna make me get with some guy and have a family, that's unfair.

Neteyam turns to observe Aonung's conflicted expression, and Tsireya, Kiri, and Lo'ak watch him expectantly.

Tsireya- Aonung!

Aonung- You didn't seem to have a problem when it was me who was about to be forced into a relationship.

Tsireya- That was . . . You were sleeping around so much, I thought you deserved it.

Aonung- And you don't?

Tsireya- No! I'm not the one who decided to just fuck everyone like it's a damn sport.

Aonung- You don't have a clue what I was doing!

His sister's eyes widen as he shouts at her, now feeling angered, and Kiri looks wearily between the two.

Kiri- Guys, let's just stop yelling at each other for a moment and-

Neteyam- Shut the fuck up. Just don't even speak right now.

Kiri- I'm trying to help.

Neteyam- Since when do you try to solve problems? I thought you were just into creating them.

Jake- Enough of this!

The teens turn to Jake, silencing their argument. They finally managed to get past the conflict within their own family, he won't have that spreading around, especially not to the Olo'eyktan's.

Jake- Your friend is gonna be well again, do you really want him to come back in the middle of all this shit?

Tsireya- But he just-

Jake- Talk that out with your parents, don't go bringing it to Neteyam, it'll get you nowhere.

Tsireya- . . . Sorry.

Jake- I'm not saying you have to get along right now, but quit arguing with each other.

Each of the teens nod with a small apology.

Jake- Alright. Kalín's probably done with dinner. I'll get Koral, you guys head home.

He turns to head back into the infirmary, but Neteyam grabs his arm, making him turn around. He can immediately tell the boy is about to ask him for something.

Jake- Don't.

Neteyam- But-

Jake- No.

Neteyam- Dad, come on.

Jake- . . . What do you want?

Neteyam- Can I go out for a ride with Aonung?

Jake- (sighs) I really shouldn't let you go. You know better than to threaten the Olo'eyktan.

Neteyam- I couldn't just let him take Aonung from me.

He's lost too much already, and isn't planning to let Aonung slip from his grasp for anyone or anything, not after he's worked so hard to be with him. His father somewhat understands that, which has made his lecture much lighter than it could've been.

Jake- Next time you need some help, just come to me and I'll handle things in a way that won't potentially get us kicked out.

Neteyam- I'll try.

Jake- No, I need you to do.

Aonung- I'll make sure he doesn't do anything drastic.

Neteyam rolls his eyes and Jake smirks at the two. This is a couple he definitely approves of, despite the many reckless acts that led to it. He looks up at the sky, seeing eclipse almost upon them, then looks at Aonung.

Jake- I trust that you will. Go on, but have him back before the night is out so he can eat.

Aonung- Yes, Sir.

Neteyam glances at his brother, but doesn't speak a word to him. Instead, he grabs Aonung's hand and the two head on a path out of the village and to the meadows. The heir looks in the other direction that leads to the beach, then to Neteyam who seems to be on a mission.

Aonung- I thought we were going for a ride.

Neteyam- I . . . I was actually hoping we could kiss some more.

Neteyam squeezes his hand a bit as he looks up at him. Aonung feels his face warm, and a small smirk creeps onto his face, then he nods. With anticipation, Neteyam lets out a few calls as they head further into the meadows, and soon his Ikran shows, landing in front of them.

With Aonung holding onto him from behind, Neteyam has his Ikran fly them up to his cave. Once there, he releases the creature to go for a flight and leave them be until called for.

The moment they're left alone, at the cave entrance, they stand, watching the creature fly into the distance.

The two were pretty confident when deciding they'd spend more time together, specifically to kiss, as well as before when kissing each other for the first time, but somehow, this feels different. For some reason, they both feel more nervous each passing second they're alone.

They know what they want, that's no secret, there's already a plan. Or so they thought. It's as if they're both having that subconscious feeling it won't stop there, but for Neteyam, it's been a while since he's allowed himself to go that far. He blocked out that part of his life, to make sure he never indulged in it again, and has only allowed himself lip contact as his first step back into it.

He isn't sure if he's ready to do anything else. If he's ready to enjoy it. Or if he even deserves to, but he knows Aonung is eager, and he doesn't want to disappoint.

He turns to look up at the boy, only to see him already looking back at him, and a pink hue begins to show on his cheeks, making Neteyam smile softly. Calmly, he spins around with a playful curl in his tail, and faces the inner cave. He walks over to a lounging spot he made, and after sitting down on the bed of leaves and a blanket, he pats the spot next to him while looking at his frozen lover.

Neteyam- Come here.

He beckons him over with a sweet tone, almost as if he's luring him, and it works. Aonung comes and sits next to him, with his tail moving about with what Neteyam can only assume is anxiousness.