Heart & Cure : Part 1

Another dim cloudy day hovers above Al'Háven's meadows, with a cool breeze blowing through the dewed grasses. It's been five days since Jake left for the former Omatikayan lands, taking Koral with him, and in that time the Metkayina royals have returned to an old routine.

Aonung and Tsireya make their way through the village to get to the Sully den, with Aonung giving a charming greeting to some of his people. Rotxo has been kept in the infirmary to preserve his strength until Jake returns with something that'll help him recover.

As they walk up to the noisy den, their ears are filled with laughter, rather than arguments. Things in the Sully home have been just the way Aonung imagined it would be after helping them, minus the fact that the oldest has gone back to disappearing all day again.

Ever since their last argument, Neteyam hasn't bothered to accompany them when they head out into the reef or go hunting. Before the quake, he was always quick to go looking for the boy, but the old habit hasn't come back to him. He has no clue what to do or say to him that would put an end to this behavior. Or maybe he does, but is too afraid to do what needs to be done.

Neteyam has yet to gain a healthy relationship with either of his sisters, and Aonung was hoping to fix that problem, but as long as he continues to get bent out of shape because of his feelings, there's no reasoning with him. At least, not for Aonung. Though, he's been told he's only creating excuses for himself.

As they walk up to the entrance, the Sully girls are seen laughing at Lo'ak lying on the floor with spilled food in front of him. With a pout, he pulls himself up and gathers his morning fruits.

Lo'ak- It wouldn't be funny if it were one of you guys now would it?

Kiri- But it isn't. It's you, and that makes it even funnier.

His sisters laugh once more, then Kalín notices the royals in the entrance and waves them in, drawing Lo'ak's attention to them. His face immediately lights up at the thought of going hunting again, and he quickly eats a few smaller fruits before setting his bowl aside.

Lo'ak- I'm ready! Let's go!

Tsireya- Hold it, clumsy. We aren't going hunting today.

Kiri- Seriously? I was just getting the hang of that crossbow.

Tsireya- Sorry, doe, but the lookouts say the waters are too wild today.

Lo'ak- Damn it. So what are we doing?

Aonung- Haven't been to the lake in a bit.

Tsireya- And I preferred it that way.

Aonung- I thought you liked the lake.

Tsireya- Yeah, but I like when it's just us, without Conda, and the bitch you screwed.

Kalín refrains from laughing at the description, thinking it best to pretend to mind her own business, as the adult in the room.

Aonung- Which o-

Tsireya- Don't ask that question, it'll make you sound a lot worse.

Lo'ak- Just outta curiosity, how many of them have you been with?

Aonung- Only five.

Lo'ak- In a week?!

Kalín suddenly chokes on her food, having inhaled some because of shock, and Tuktirey calmly pats her back.