Til Eywa Do Us Part : Part 6

At the Sully den, Jake inches closer to his son, while holding his hands up to show he's no threat. He glares at the crowd that's growing around them, seeing the way others are looking at his son. He knows how they feel about him, but their resentment is only making things worse.

Jake- Back away from him! Keep your distance!

He desperately tries to keep them away from the boy, who's now standing in a defensive position, snarling at the people steadily getting closer to him. For some reason, seeing him this way makes them think it humorous to tease, but Jake knows, the moment Neteyam is really set off, there's no stopping him.

Someone throws a small rock from behind him, making him turn to snarl in their direction.

Jake- Cut that shit out!

Someone else on the other side seems to like the idea, because he steps forward with a rock in hand, but before he can throw it, Jake's dainty mate comes out of nowhere, shoving the man back.

Kalín- Leave him alone!

With alert ears, both Jake and his son turn in their direction, seeing the man stumble for a moment before pushing her aside, making her fall into the dirt.

Jake- You son of a-

He starts to storm over to the man, but with a snarl, his son speeds over before him, making him pick up his pace. Neteyam tackles the man to the ground, and holds his dagger out with a short battle cry, but before he's able to deal his blow, a familiar voice stops him.

Aonung- Don't!

He freezes, and the crowd's gaze turns to the clan heir shoving himself through to Neteyam. Slowly, he turns around, and the moment he makes eye contact with the marine boy, he's lifted from under his arms as he continues to run nonstop.

He's dragged along for a short moment, then with a burst of strength, Aonung pulls him ahead and scoops him into his arms as he practically runs into him. Far behind them, Kiri and Tsireya reach the crowd, then bring Jake and Kalín along with them as they trail behind Aonung.

Between his breaths, Aonung speaks to him.

Aonung- Drop the knife.

Neteyam- Wh-

Aonung- Just do it!

His ears flinch back at the tone of his voice, and he reluctantly lets his dagger fall to the ground to get left behind, leaving his now free hand to grasp onto Aonung as he continues to run. They encounter a few small hills that Aonung slides down, making a little ride that would be fun for Neteyam if he wasn't too busy wondering where Aonung is taking him.

The marine boy slows to a jog as he enters a patch of trees, and they soon come up to a large cave entrance. Neteyam eyes his surroundings suspiciously as they enter, going down a dark hall, then reaching the cave of their spirit tree.

Neteyam takes in a long breath as he realizes what Aonung is trying to do.

Neteyam- Put me down.

Aonung- Nete-

Neteyam- Put me down!

He suddenly jerks around, trying to get out of Aonung's grip, but it only makes him hold tighter.