Brotherhood : Part 9

The parent and child bond of Tsaheylu itself is already a strong one, but since the level of intimacy that comes after a purr can't be controlled, some say it's an even stronger bond than Tsaheylu. Purring can't be forced, so it's a deep honor when one receives it.

Lo'ak sighs, suddenly feeling sorrowful. His brother was being completely unreasonable with them, yes, but he was also suffering from such a deep loss that nobody could help him with. Such a bond is typically kept between the two that share it, so naturally he didn't want to tell them.

He looks up at Neteyam, now fully understanding why he always acted as if he was more affected by their mother's death than them. He was. And thinking back on it, they always spent time with each other, while Neteyam would mainly be with Neytiri.

He assumed it was because he disliked them, which made him come up with his own reasons Neteyam acted the way he did. Now he regrets it.

Lo'ak- I'm sorry. I really am. Your secret is safe with me.

Neteyam lets out a breath of relief. He wasn't sure how Lo'ak would react, and wasn't sure if he could really trust him with his secret. But now he's glad Aonung encouraged him to tell.

Gently, he pets Lo'ak's head, shocking him completely. Neteyam has never initiated any sort of contact with him that didn't involve a fist.

Neteyam- It's alright, baby brother.

He stares up at him in silence, wide eyed.

Neteyam- I forgive you.

A smile breaks across his previously stunned face, and Neteyam smiles lightly back at him.

Lo'ak- Thank you.

Aonung smiles happily at the sight. One down, and two more to go, he thinks.

Neteyam pulls his hand back, placing it on the Ilu's handle.

Neteyam- Now, we have some riding to do.

With excitementx, Lo'ak clicks for his Ilu, quickly hopping on and making the bond when it comes up to him. Aonung does the same with his own.

Lo'ak- We should race.

Aonung- He still falls off at high speeds.

Neteyam- I can handle a race.

Aonung- If you say so.

The trio ride off into the reef, each with a smile on their face.