102. Stupid Cupid

Turns out the boys didn't have anything missing from their rooms but Hermione was missing her favourite copy of Hogwarts: A History as well as a locket her mother gave her and a blanket her grandmother helped her knit before she came to Hogwarts. It was strange that the girls both were missing items that had sentimental value. Like the thief knew exactly what to take from each of them. And yet even from the cameras, it didn't look like anyone had entered the dorm. So everyone kept their heads down and watched each other's backs as the weeks flew by. January turned quickly to February and then to March. Sloane couldn't believe how fast the weeks flew in but she was thankful that everything seemed to be peaceful for the time being. Nothing more went missing from her dorm or Hermione's and even though they continued to keep a close eye on Ewan, he didn't seem to be up to anything in particular and all seemed quiet.

That was until Saturday morning when she heard her uncle shout her name from the far end of the third-floor corridor. She was heading down to the hall from the library with Draco, Hermione and Blaise when she jumped at the sound of her name. "Sloane!"

"Mother of Merlin," she gasped clutching her chest. "What's wrong?"

Kingsley smiled as he strode quickly down the hallway. "What are you doing this morning?" He asked innocently.

"I was in the library doing homework and now we are on our way down to find Ginny and Harry in the hall after Quidditch and go for a walk." Kingsley was trying and failing to hide a smile. "What's going on?"

"Well, would you and Draco take a quick detour with me to the Headmistress's office?" He smiled, no grinned at them.

"Ok stop that you're scaring everyone," she scoffed as she turned to Blaise. "We will catch up with you guys later." She gestured to Hermione. "Keep her safe."

Blaise saluted. "Keep the brainiac muggleborn safe at all costs, righto." He then proceeded to march around her as she walked, as if standing guard, hoisting his wand on his shoulder in the way a soldier would.

Draco and Sloane walked alongside Kingsley down the stairs and to Professor McGonagall's new office. "Are you going to tell us why you are smiling from ear to ear?" She smirked.

"I will, once we are in and settled," he opened the door and stepped aside for the couple to enter first. Professor McGonagall was seated at her desk and Narcissa and Joanna were seated in front of her desk. Jonna jumped up and pulled the couple in for a hug, kissing them both on the cheek before turning them to face Narcissa who surprised them all (Draco especially) but doing the same. In another chair by the fire, sat a man probably in his early 40s. Brown hair which sat swept off his face with deep brown eyes, a chiselled jawline and just the right amount of stubble. (Think Hugh Jackman). He was wearing a white shirt and a pair of charcoal grey suit trousers. He looked the perfect mixture of smart/casual. And his smile was wide and infectious.

"Draco, Sloane," Kingsley smiled. "I would like to introduce you to Romeo."

He stood up and stepped forward, shaking Draco's hand and kissing Sloane's. "It's just wonderful to meet you both. Your family's have told me quite a bit about you both." He sat back in his chair. "I'm sure you're wondering who I am?"

Draco nodded as Sloane smiled. "It's nice to meet you, sir."

Romeo put his hand up. "It's just Romeo, please. I believe you have been looking for me." He shrugged. "Or one of my kind at least."

Sloane tilted her head in confusion before gasping. "Hot patootie are you a Cupid?"

The man's smile widened and he nodded. "I am indeed. I've been out of the game for a while. I settled in Ireland over 40 years ago after losing a love myself."