Chapter 23 ☁️

(Dogday's POV)

I woke up in the morning next to Neko and Catnap, cuddling both of them as I hummed to myself and rubbed my eye with my free hand, looking at the clock as I turned around.

We had about 30 minutes to get ready, I sort of panicked and shook Neko and Catnap awake as they sat up immediately.

"H- Huh...? What's up, Dogday?" Catnap asked me as he held Neko close to him, Neko dosing off almost immediately as he leaned against Catnap.

"Guys we have like 30 minutes until we need to leave." I stated as Catnap sighed and got out of bed, Neko following with him as he began removing the pajamas he wore yesterday.

He quickly put on a basic white t-shirt, his navy blue jacket, a beanie, and his two gloves as he leaned against the wall, crossing his legs as he waited.

Catnap quickly put on some clothes and sprayed himself with some cologne for a good second before tossing it on a dresser and found his outfit.

He put on a purple sweater, black fingerless gloves, a basic tank top, and wore his hood on his head.

I simply kept the same outfit I had on yesterday, a small orange coat, a grey t-shirt, and a leaf green cap.

I looked at the clock, noticing that we now had 25 minutes left, I turned to Catnap as he nodded and took Neko's hand.

"Alright, c'mon, Neko, time to go." Catnap stated, Neko staying by Catnap's side as we all exited Catnap's house, walking to his car as we all hopped in.

Catnap reversed out of the driveway, driving away from his house as we all sat in silence, Neko putting in earbuds as he listened to music on the way to school.

I played on my phone as Catnap continued to drive, Neko playing with random stuff in the backseat of the car, purring softly as his tail swayed back and forth.

After a couple of minutes, we finally arrived at school, Catnap parked close to the school as we all got out of the car and walked to the entrance of the school, this was the first time I have actually been able to wait inside of the entrance before school actually started.

Out if the corner of my eye, I saw a hint of blue, I could have sworn I saw a trunk as I looked over to the other side of the entrance hallway, seeing one of my good friends, Bubba Bubbaphant.

Bubba noticed me and smiled a bit as he walked over to me, looking excited to see me as he hauled his book bag over his shoulder.

"Dogday! How you doing? It's been a while!" Bubba exclaimed, he stood in front of me as we high fived each other.

"Sure has been, have you been keeping up with tennis?" I asked as Bubba nodded and showed off a tennis ball.

"Yep, found this sweet thing in a field earlier, my luck's been great so far because of it!" Bubba stated, I chuckled as another friend of mine came from behind Bubba.

Hoppy Hopscotch, she waved at me as I waved back, a small "Hey...!" Escaping my mouth as I looked at my phone, we had 10 minutes before we had to go to class.

"Hey there, Dogday! Noticed you with a couple of people, ya' already found new friends??" Hoppy joked as we both laughed, Bubba checking out his tennis equipment.

"Nah, just some new people I met, Catnap and Neko-" I explained, but Hoppy's jaw almost dropped when she heard Catnap's name.

"Catnap?! Like... The baseball player...?!" Hoppy asked, smiling a bit as she looked in Catnap's direction.

"...My god, isn't he so hot?" Hoppy asked as she fanned her eyes a bit, finally focusing back on me a bit.

"Yeah, although... I don't suggest trying to get with him..." I stated, Hoppy looked confused.

"Why? Because I already have a boyfriend?" She asked as I shook my head, now contemplating whether I should tell her how me and Catnap are a thing now...

"Oh what, are you two in a relationship or something?" She joked, but I stared at her as her smile faded away almost immediately.

"Oh. My. God. You're gay?! I had no idea!" Hoppy exclaimed, I scratched my neck awkwardly, Hoppy shaking her head a bit.

"Better yet, you're in a relationship with Cat-" Hoppy almost yelled, but I covered her mouth as I sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, we are, that, and also because... His friend, Neko, is... Really protective." I stated, Hoppy looking confused.

"...Speaking of, who even is that guy?" Hoppy asked as I shook my head a bit.

"A psychopath basically, the guy showed me my IP address because of some paper balls that weren't even coming from me." I said.

"Oooh, I like him already..." Hoppy joked as we both laughed, the bell ringing above us, telling us to go to class.

"Alright, see you later, Dogday!" Hoppy said as she turned and ran to another hallway.

"You too!" I yelled as I ran to the other side of the hallway, catching up with Neko and Catnap.

Alright... Time to start the day I guess...

(882 Words)