Chapter 8 ♥️🎃

(Warning, one scary photo ahead!!)

(Catnap's POV)

It had been a while after me and Neko finally made up for my mistake, Dogday came out of the attic, only to collapse on the couch a few moments later.

"Ugh... My head is killing me..." Dogday moaned in pain as I sighed a bit before lifting Neko off of me, he was incredibly light so it didn't take that much effort to lift the guy.

"Here, Neko, how about... You go draw? Go draw me and Dogday something, anything." I offered as I handed Neko some colored pencils and paper.

He happily grabbed everything I gave him and sprinted off to a corner of the room, sitting down as he immediately began drawing quickly.

"...H- He can draw...? Also, why did you talk to him like that? You're treating him like a baby." Dogday stated as I chuckled a bit and nodded.

"Yeah, well I basically have to, I can't be too harsh on the guy, and I need to make sure I'm as gentle as possible with him." I explained as I kept my eye on Neko, making sure he was happy with what he drew.

Although something bugged me, he kept looking up from his paper, and he kept on looking in my direction, but he seemed to be looking behind me...

Like... RIGHT behind me...

I noticed this and looked behind me to see absolutely nothing, and I looked back at Dogday as we continued taking.

"A- Anyways, what type of stuff do you do for fun?" I asked, trying to change the mood.

"Uh, I do stuff like going out with friends, I usually play video games when I'm bored, or I just eat whatever leftovers I have." Dogday stated as I nodded a bit while listening to him.

"Hm, what games do you play?" I asked as Dogday sat up before speaking, I had to listen to this part extra carefully, because he seemed really interested in video games.

"I play things like UFC 4, FIFA, and a couple other things." Dogday explained in a short sentence as I remembered that I also play UFC.

"Oh, you think you could teach me how to get good in UFC? I feel like I could really enjoy the game if I knew the controls better." I asked as Dogday nodded, his tail wagging against my couch happily.

"Sure! I really need someone to play against anyways, online mode has too many people who... Don't go outside." Dogday joked as we both laughed.

Neko walked up to me, his eyes not as red anymore, he was holding the paper I gave him, he was practically jumping up and down with excitement as I looked up at him.

"You done, Neko?" I asked as Neko nodded, handing me the paper as I smiled softly before taking it and showing it to Dogday.

We both looked over it, and I was expecting some type of crude stick figure drawing, but instead, I saw a photo that horrified me and Dogday...

I looked at the photo in terror as I slowly looked back at Neko, his eyes shimmering with pure enjoyment and happiness.

"Do ya' like it? I hope you do! I had to constantly look back up at him to get his face right!" Neko stated happily as I walked up to him, dropping the paper on the couch.

"Neko... Where the hell was this... him guy...?" I asked slowly as Neko pointed to the couch, originally where I had checked behind me.

"He was right behind you the whole time! You two even locked eyes when you turned around, I saw it!" Neko stated happily as my blood ran cold.

"Oh fuck no, Dogday get up, we're staying somewhere else tonight." I ordered as Dogday sat up immediately.

"Wait what? Why? It's just the man I saw in the basement." Neko stated as I dragged Dogday and Neko out of the front door.

"YOU SAW HIM IN THE BASEMENT?! FUCK THAT!" I shouted as I threw Dogday and Neko into the backseat of my car, grabbing my keys from inside and driving the car away from my house.

"C- Catnap...? Maybe he's just imagining things..." Dogday tried speaking, but I wasn't having it at all.

"I can't tell if his schizophrenia is acting up, or if there is an Eldridge Horror in my house, but whether or not Neko is imagining stuff, I'm not staying at my house tonight!" I stated as I continued to drive away from my house.

"Well we can stay at my house... My house is nice and clean, I swear." Dogday offered as I nodded before looking at him through the mirror.

"Sure, tell me where to go, we'll be right there..." I said, getting ready to follow Dogday's directions.

"Alright, well first, take a left here..."

(813 Words)