Chapter 58☁️

(Catnap's POV)

It had been a... LONG while after me and Dogday did our thing, now we were just relaxing on the couch and watching a movie.

I held Dogday in my arms as his tail wagged slowly, brushing against my legs as he kept his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Did I finally get that oil out of your system yet?" I asked softly as Dogday slowly nodded, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck as he cuddled closer to me.

I pulled up a blanket with my tail, grabbing it slowly and dragging it up to me and Dogday, Dogday slowly began to close his eyes as his breathing slowed down.

"Going to sleep already?" I asked softly as Dogday nodded, keeping his eyes closed as he didn't even make an attempt to look at me.

"Yeah... We've got school tomorrow, and besides, I gotta think about doing my taxes soon..." Dogday noted, my heart stopped when he said the word 'Taxes'.

"Oh... Right, we have those..." I mumbled as Dogday slowly looked up to me, insanely concerned.

"H- Have you forgotten to pay your taxes...?!" Dogday asked, but I simply chuckled for a second before answering.

"I mean, it's not like I can't pay them off, it's simple!" I responded back, Dogday seemingly confused.

"Simple? You're paying thousands of dollars this month!" Dogday exclaimed, I waved my hand in the air for a second, slightly mocking Dogday as my tail waved around.

"Relax! I've got Neko to cover it for me." I said back smugly, Dogday slowly rose up and sat up above me.

"...You're letting Neko do your fucking taxes...?" Dogday asked as I shook my head.

"No, he's got the money I need." I explained as Dogday slid backwards and sat on the other side of the couch.

"How much money does Neko even have? He's never had a job, has he?" Dogday asked, and I simply thought for a second before going with an estimate.

"He's got... Infinite, I guess." I said as Dogday's eyes widened.

"Huh? What do you mean 'infinite'?" He asked me as I tried thinking of an explanation.

"Well, you see, remember when Neko clapped his hands and made those LED's appear out of nowhere?" I asked as Dogday nodded.

"Well, Neko can do that with anything he imagines." I stated as Dogday sat up after slouching for so long.

"So if he just imagined himself with a trillion dollars, he would get it?" He asked me as I nodded.

"Basically yeah, and since I'm taking care of Neko, he hooks me up constantly." I stated, Dogday thought for a second before tilting his head to the stairs behind us.

"Hey, Neko! Can you come down here for a sec?!" Dogday shouted, Neko shifted into view right in front of Dogday.

"Catnap told me that you can lend him an infinite amount of money, is that true?" Dogday asked as Neko nodded, putting his hands behind his back.

"Yep, I could lend you some money if you ever need it!" Neko stated, Dogday thought for a second, then turned his head back to Neko.

"Could I get a couple grand?" He asked as Neko snapped his fingers, a loud thumping sound came from behind as he stepped aside.

There was about ten grand behind Neko, Dogday rubbed his eyes and looked back at me and pointed to the stack of cash, all I did was nod and smile as Dogday sat up.

"Y- You're serious about this?" Dogday asked as Neko nodded and pointed his hand to the stack of cash, using telekinetic abilities to move the money towards Dogday.

Well, that's definitely a way to get Dogday to stay, even if he loses interest...

(629 Words)