Chapter 41❤️☁️

(SHORT!! burnt out due to school today)

(Neko's POV)

"...My mental issues? Don't tell me you're a therapist..." I muttered, the figure seemed to tilt its head a bit in confusion.

"No, I promise you, I'm not." The figure said as it put a hand on my shoulder, comforting me as I shuddered a bit.

"I've been observing you from a distance, and I've noticed that you are quite the feisty individual..." The figure stated.

"Yeah...? So what? I'm a cat, it's natural..." I growled, sort of offended that my entire personality was just insulted...

"So much so, that it has began to worry even ME... You are very violent for a feline..." The figure stated, making me even more mad, yet somewhat uncomfortable.

"...If we're just going to stick around in the dark, talking about my mental struggles, I think I would rather go back home." I mumbled, turning around to go back home.

I expected the figure to stop me, but they never did, I felt them watch over me as I turned and walked away back towards where I saw the outline of Dogday's house.

"What is your name, feline?" The figure asked me as I stopped, then turned around slowly.

"...It's Neko..." I said, waiting for any type of response.

"Call me the prototype, as I have no official name for myself." The Prototype stated, I waited for a second before slightly nodding and turning back.

I walked over to the silhouette of Dogday's house, walking out of the forest as I tugged on the doorknob and entered the house.

I closed and locked the door as I turned to the stairs, I slowly walked up the stairs in fear, I never liked the dark at all... There could be anything in here...

I walked up to the second floor as I felt around for Dogday's bedroom door, I found the door and opened it slowly as I saw Catnap and Dogday sleeping in bed together.

I quickly shifted my speed and practically teleported in between the both of them, cuddling them both as I sunk into the sheets of the bed.

I closed my eyes slowly as I turned to Dogday's side and peered out of the window, I then saw the prototype watching from the nearby trees, their eyes staring directly at me.

They seemed to be observing me again, watching how I attempted to sleep, even under watch from The Prototype themself.

I reached my hand to the top of the window sill and telepathically forced the blinds of the window down, sliding them downwards quietly.

I finally turned to Catnap and hugged his waist as he slowly hugged me back subconsciously, purring softly as I finally closed my eyes and also began purring.

I wrapped my tail around Dogday's waist and wrapped my legs around Catnap's waist as well, finally being at peace as I drifted off to a deep sleep.

Maybe I should go back to the forest tomorrow... I'll try to spark up another conversation with The Prototype...

...

I wonder what it looks like under that thing's coat...

Is it warm and toasty under there...?

I might... I might just have to find out...

(536 Words)