Chapter 28♥️💧

(Catnap's POV)

I had woken up in the morning, sunlight shining in my eyes as I had my arms and legs wrapped around Dogday, his tail was very slowly wagging as I held him.

I giggled a bit as I got up slowly, not wanting to wake up Dogday so soon, after that, I walked over to his bathroom and randomly turned the crank of the shower to the max.

I felt the water heat up almost instantly as I heard Dogday groan, stepping out of bed as he walked to the doorway.

He looked into the bathroom to see me, standing there with my arms crossed, leaning against the wall as I eventually put my hand back into the water again.

"So... You're showering first? Okay." Dogday said as he closed the door and went to go do something else, after that, I took my clothes off and put them on the counter.

I stepped into the shower as the hot water coated my fur, I let out of a sigh of relief, most cats like me or Neko didn't like water, although I thought it was nice.

Back when I was little I always waited for it to rain, I used to just take off my coat and run around in the rain as my dad watched from the window, proud that I was having fun in my own way...

Too bad Neko and Dogday are the only ones I've got now...

I'm supposed to go visit my dad's grave this weekend...

I'll uh... I'll get back to the important stuff... Gotta always stay positive, it's what keeps the world going.

I scrubbed some of my remaining fur, brushing off my chest and making sure to get the back of my ears really well, after that, I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower.

I noticed a towel and a blow dryer on the counter... I didn't want to use a towel, it could be Dogday's... But the dryer belongs to Dogday too...

"Hey uh... Dogday...?! Do I use the towel or the blow dryer...?!" I asked through the closed bathroom door, Dogday responded almost immediately.

"Use either, I don't care!" He said back, his voice was gentle, and his tone was soft, the guy must have went back to sleep after I got settled...

I decided to use the blow dryer as to not ruin one of Dogday's towels, all I would do is just make it smell like lavender.

Although... What if he'd like that...? He commented on my lavender scent before...

Nah, blow dryer it is...

A couple minutes later

I stepped out of the bathroom, straightening up my fur with my hands as I zipped up my jacket and put my hands in my pockets.

Dogday walked up to me, giggling a bit as he held my face in his hands, brushing off my fur as he finished straightening it for me.

"Hehe, you can't just brush your fur off without looking at yourself, silly!" Dogday chuckled, I hummed a short giggle in response, brushing Dogday's hands off of me gently.

"We should probably go get Neko up, although be warned, he's a whiner..." I stated, walking towards Dogday's bedroom door, he laughed as he followed me.

"Awww how adorable..." He laughed as I chuckled once again, it seemed that every 5 minutes this little guy managed to make me laugh...

"Today's... Thursday, right?" I asked as we entered the living room, Dogday nodded as he hummed a "Mhm." In response.

I held Neko's head in my hand as I stopped in front of the couch, his tail swayed left and right happily as he sleepily opened his eyes, smiling as he sat up.

"Good morning... Catnap and Dogday..." Neko yawned, stretching a bit as he stood up, leaning on Dogday's shoulder.

"Wow, that's... Quite the surprise... I expected you to be more whiney this morning..." I mumbled, Neko laughing a bit as I finished my sentence.

"Well for some reason... I'm really sore, and my legs won't stop shaking... I dunno why..." Neko mumbled, me and Dogday looked at each other as we blushed intensely, remembering what we did last night.

"...You think the boss'll find out...?" Dogday whispered, I shook my head quickly and looked back at Neko, who seemed dazed and completely out of it.

"Alright, Neko, let's go, time for school." I muttered as Neko sighed, licking the top of his hand as he brushed his ears on top of his beanie.

"Wait he licks himself to clean himself...?" Dogday asked, I nodded as Dogday got into the driver seat of his car, I sat in the passenger seat as Neko sat in the back.

"Yeah! Sometimes I do it too! It keeps out scents, I have lavender, he had ginger... And it's hygienic." I stated, Dogday hummed curiously in response, backing out of his driveway.

Well... Time to head to school...

(827 Words)