Chapter 79🩸💧

(Catnap's POV)

Me and Kicken were casually tossing grenades around the city like pebbles, watching explosions after explosions go off everywhere as the city burned and crumbled around us.

It had been around 40 minutes since we slid down that hill, things were going pretty smoothly! Nobody got hurt, obviously, and the cops never even showed up!

Man if I had powers like Neko, I don't even know WHAT I'd do...

Speaking of, where is Neko?

"Hey, Kicken, have you seen Neko?" I asked as I turned to Kicken, he turned to me as he lobbed a grenade behind him into a broken window.

"Oh he's over BOOM Dogday!" Kicken stated, his words being cut off from the grenade behind him.

"Huh?? What did you say?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"I said he's over there with Dogday!" Kicken said louder, pointing to Neko and Dogday who were tossing a grenade back and forth.

"Alright, thanks, Kicken!" I exclaimed as I waved Kicken goodbye and jogged over to Neko and Dogday.

"Hey, Catnap." Neko called my name.

"Yeah?" I replied, he was probably going to make a crude joke or something any second now.

"Catch." Neko said as he pulled the pin of the grenade and tossed it into my hands, it took me a second to process what just happened.

"Wha- AAAAH!!!" I screamed in panic as I threw the grenade upwards towards a building nearby, it exploded a second later.

The side of the building starts tilting, and Neko stanced up as he grabbed Dogday's arm and tossed him away with ease.

Neko ran over to me and pushed me away onto the ground as he held his hands up and caught the building, pushing it upwards again as the building went too far back and fell back down on the other side.

"Well that was a waste of energy..." Neko mumbled, rubbing his nose as he looked at me.

"That wasn't funny, Neko! I could have died!" I exclaimed angrily, Neko sighed as he crossed his arms and leaned on a broken wall.

"Yeah right, you're acting like I wouldn't have revived you even if you did." Neko mocked me as he rolled his hand in a circle motion.

"Hey, Dogday, pass me a 'nade would ya?" Neko asked as he looked at Dogday and held his hand out in front of him.

Dogday shrugged and tossed a grenade at Neko, which he caught very easily and got ready to throw it.

Neko looked back at the grenade slowly as he stared at Dogday in deisbelief.

"DID YOJ PULL THE FUCKING PIN-" Neko asked as the grenade exploded directly in his hand, sending him backwards into a wall as he slid down it.

I rolled on the ground from the explosion and looked up to see Neko standing in the smoke, he was screaming and holding his face, he looked all bloody and red.

"NEKO?! GUYS, GET OUT HERE!" Dogday shouted as everybody stopped what they were doing and ran over to us, helping me and Dogday brush ourselves off.

"What happened to Neko?!" Hoppy asked nervously, backing away as she stared into the smoke.

"MY EYES! I CAN'T FEEL MY FUCKING EYES!!" Neko yelled as he walked out of the smoke, his hands were over his eyes that were covered in blood and debris.

"I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING!! IT'S ALL DARK! CATNAP, DOGDAY, WHERE ARE YOU?!" Neko yelled as he slowly removed his hands from his eyes, reaching his arms out.

Bobby gasped and ran over to Neko who stumbled and caught himself on her, she dragged Neko to me and Dogday, and Neko looked horrible...

His eye sockets were empty, just nothing but blood and debris in them, I'm surprised he was still conscious even...

"Neko! Hey, listen, it's me, Catnap!" I stated, holding onto Neko's shoulders as he stared in my general direction, breathing heavily.

"Is there any type of healing power you have that could fix your eyes?" I asked directly, Neko shook his head as he tried moving his hands around.

"N- No, not for my eyes...! I never thought this would ever happen, so I never practiced limb healing!" Neko stated as he started hyperventilating.

"I- I mean, maybe I could try! But there's like a twenty percent chance that it will actually work!" Neko explained, I shook my head and sighed desperately.

"It's better than zero, go for it!" I exclaimed, Neko slowed his breathing down and sat down on the ground, putting his hands at his sides.

Neko breathed in deeply as he stared in my direction completely, I began to see two white dots start forming in his eyes.

They were like those animatronic eyes from Five Nights at Freddy's, just realistic and a lot more gruesome...

The dots stopped increasing in size, they weren't even an inch wide or tall from my estimate...

"I can't...! It's too much pressure..." Neko muttered weakly as he put his hands on his head, breathing sharply again.

"Neko, just calm down, can you at least see SOMETHING?" I asked as Neko looked at me directly and nodded.

"Y- Yeah, I can see a small portion of your fur, but very, very small... And everything is red." Neko stated, I sighed as I picked Neko up.

"Do you think you could still restore the city?" I asked as Dogday and everybody got up and went behind me, ready to leave.

"Yeah, that's simple..." Neko stated as he snapped his fingers, and everything switched back to normal in a split second, no more fire, no more chaos...

"Alright, quickly, everyone, we need to get Neko home!" I stated as everybody ran along with some as I carried Neko on my shoulders.

Jesus, Dogday, did you even mean to pull that damn pin...?!

(972 Words)