{I miss him. - 3L/SL ⚠️}

"Get back here!"

Shouts could be heard throughout the kingdom. Usually, people would think that  the King or his Hand would be chasing someone, like an enemy.

Oh how wrong they were.

The King himself, Ren, was being chased by his own Hand, Martyn. Ren had jabbed Martyn in the ribs, and now Martyn was chasing him to jab him back. Ren thought he could get away, but that thought quickly turned false.

He tripped over his own tail, and he yelped, falling over. He heard a set of footsteps growing ever so closer, and he looked up to see Martyn standing over him, a smug smile on his face.

"I win." Martyn declared, bending down to ruffle Ren's hair slightly. Suddenly, Ren grabbed Martyn's wrist and pulled him down, leaving Martyn on top of Ren. Ren laughed, and Martyn rolled over, now laying next to Ren.

"I hate you." Martyn muttered, yet there was a smile on his face.

"Love you too." Ren responded. Martyn quickly jabbed Ren in the ribs as he was distracted, and Ren yelped.

"Oh you bit-" Ren was cut off by Martyn's hand over his mouth.

The two continued to lay there, tackling each other.

[----------]

Martyn rolled over. It was nighttime, yet he couldn't sleep. Again. He had tried everything, yet he just couldn't bring his eyes to close and fall fast asleep.

'It's going to be a long night.' He thought to himself. He was about to get out of bed, until he remembered what position he was in.

Ren, his boyfriend, and his King, was fast asleep next to him. The wolf hybrid's arms were wrapped around Martyn's waist, and his face was buried in Martyn's chest. Martyn smiled as he heard Ren's slow, steady breathing, watching his chest rise and fall. The warmth coming off of Ren's body made Martyn start to fall asleep. Eventually, Martyn fell asleep, in the warmth of Ren's arms.

The next morning, Martyn awoke to soft breathing on the back of his neck. Turning around, he saw that Ren was still asleep. Ren wore a sleepy smile of his face, and he held Martyn closer. Martyn smiled, placing a kiss to the top of Ren's head.

"I love you Ren." He whispered, ruffling Ren's messy hair. That action woke Ren up, and he opened his eyes, smiling when he saw Martyn.

"I love you too, Martyn." He whispered back, kissing Martyn's cheek.

[---------]

Martyn laid back against the grass, watching the sunset. 4 seasons had passed since Dogwarts, and Martyn had last seen Ren in Double Life. Alas, they weren't paired together. Ren was with Big B, and Martyn was with Cleo.

Martyn missed Ren. He missed Ren so much.

Ren disappeared after Double Life, and Martyn hadn't seen him since. While they were still dating, and still sent letters to each other, Martyn hadn't physically seen Ren for a while.

So he looked up into the sky, feeling tears build up in his eyes.

"I miss him. I miss Ren.."

Somewhere, far form where Martyn laid, Tango was talking on the phone with someone.

"So yeah. Since I'm not feeling well, can you take my place for me for the next session?"

"Sure. Does that mean I can see Martyn again?"

"Of course. I won't tell him though. It could be a second chance for you two. A reunion."

"Really? Thanks so much my dude. Hope you get better soon."

"Anytime Ren."

Ren hung up from his call with Tango. He smiled, a real, genuine one.

He was going to see Martyn again.