Chapter 26

BRENT

BRENT

_________________
DREAM P.O.V.

I walked into work putting all my stuff down on my desk. I've been slacking on my job and not doing my best today was a brand new day. No man, nothing will distract me or my thoughts. Just me myself and I to focus on!

Hi you must be Dream? A male voice said at my door. I looked up and some dude was standing at my office door.

I am, can I help you?

Hi I'm Brent! I'm the new director. I just wanted to come in and introduce myself to everyone. If I would of known you where this beautiful I'd probably been said hello! He smiled coming in to shake my hand.

Nice to meet you, hope you find the new job to your liking. I gave a small smile and sat at my desk.

If you need anything and I mean anything don't hesitate to ask.

Yup thanks! He finally left my office and I closed my door. I had so much work to catch up on and I sat down and got started right away.

I went to the break room and Erica was in there making some coffee. "Now you know you don't drink coffee!" I said hitting the button for her.

Thanks...I just been craving it!

Craving is a strong word to use!

Not really...I have a lot of cravings now...

You pregnant?

Yeahhh....

Oh wow congratulations! You'll be a great mom!

Thank you, I just found out a few days ago... I wanted to call you and tell you but I didn't think you'd be interested in talking to me. I just wanna apologize Dream! We been BestFriends since we was kids. You know I'd NEVER do anything on purpose to hurt you. I was really upset that you and Tiondra got into it. She's been my girl since high school and it's no excuse for what she did but I was just tryna see both sides of the story.

It wasn't no both sides to the story Erica! You opened your mouth and said something about me messing with Demon and you didn't have to. I don't fuck with that.

And I'm sorry like I said I didn't know y'all messing around was suppose to be a secret or she was gonna act like that. If I would of known that then I wouldn't of said anything to her about her lying. I was truly upset that she was lying about something like. That's wild as fuck. I'm sorry and I'll do anything to get our friendship back right.

I just need some time. I'm tryna work on myself and I just want some time away from everybody and to be alone.

I get it...if you wanna be BestFriends again I'm also open to it as well....I can't do my pregnancy without you so when your ready I'm here!

I hear you.
I grabbed my creamer from the fridge and walked out the break room. Maybe we can be cool again one day but not right now I'm good!