Chapter 68

DREAM P.O.V.

I woke up feeling hot as hell. Like I was running a fever. I ran to the bathroom because I had to throw up. It was almost 5am and I knew I was about to live in the bathroom. I was bussing in sweat. Being pregnant really takes a toll out of you.

The alarm downstairs went off. I got up wiped my mouth quick, swished some water around then left to go downstairs. I thought it was Demon leaving out but he was coming in and trying to remember the code.

You okay? I asked standing in front of him.

What's this shit? He asked putting his hand over his head. He smelt like straight liquor and weed heavy. I put the code into the pad and turned the system off then back on.

You okay?

I'm fine...
He kicked his shoes off and pulled his sweater off trying not to fall. I caught him to help him with his balance. "I need a drink you got anything here?"

How about some water? You hungry first? Let me make you breakfast. I suggested.

Nah I'm good! He stumbled up the stairs a bit. I grabbed a bottle of water and the Tylenol from the downstairs bathroom and went up to my room. He laid across my bed almost passed out.

Baby! Here, take this! I opened the bottle and helped him sit up. "Demon! Here!"

He took the pills from my hand and took them. He looked at me and his eyes were so red. He was high as hell too. "Did I wake you up?" He asked with so much sorrow.

No I was sick and I heard you come in.

You okay? You need anything? He pulled me down to his lap and placed his hand on my stomach. "I love you, just be patient with me!" He said low and so sincere.

I will always be. I stroked his hair back and rubbed the side of his face before leaning into a kiss. "Demon are you okay?"

Two of my best friend got kilt tonight, I got some shit to take care of tomorrow if you don't hear from me for a few days I'm ight just taken care of business ight?!

Okay....im sorry for your loss. You want me to do anything for you?

Just stay out of harms way until I'm done focusing on this shit! But if you need me just call me and I'll come.

Long as you promise me you won't do anything that'll get you hurt or kilt! (I turned his face to look me in my eyes.) I need you, your kids need you.

I'll always be here for yall don't worry about that.

I leaned in and kissed him. That spark was finally back and I know he felt it to! My stomach filled with butterflies and it seemed as if fireworks were going off. I pulled back from him slowly and we looked into each others eyes. "I love you!" We both said at the same time.

_______________________

I woke up again and Demon was gone. The rain was hitting the windows heavy which made me wake up. I grabbed my phone to see I had a few missed calls. Nun of them was from Demon. I tried to call him but it went straight to voicemail.

I had a text from Ericka that through me off a bit. She was asking me if I could call her. I ignored it and got up to go downstairs. I looked out the window and in the driveway was my car fixed and my keys sat on the kitchen table. Demon might be mean and so harsh but he was a man! A great man! He made sure I never needed or wanted for anything. Whatever was broken he fixed it right away.

I opened the fridge to see what I could eat. I was starving! I wanted something good to eat. I didn't know what cause I didn't have much in here. I also don't wanna eat anything that would make me sick. I grabbed a bowl of fruit and went and got on the couch to eat and watch something on tv.

I was gonna stay in the house for a few days. I know it was gonna rain for the next two days so I rather just stay in. The more I stay in the less likely it'll be for anything crazy to happen. I wanna figure out who broke my car window but ima leave it up to Demon and let him handle it. Especially knowing his friends just got kilt I know that man is not in the right state of mind for anything. I don't wanna do anything to provoke that!