Chapter 27

Predeparture

Lucius stood in front of the mirror, adjusting the collar of his white shirt. He wore a tailored black suit that emphasized his imposing presence. His usually calm demeanor was tinged with a hint of nervousness, a rare sight for Rosetta. She watched him from across the room, her own nerves evident as she slipped into her black robe.

"Are you ready, Princess?" Lucius asked, his voice steady despite the underlying tension.

Rosetta nodded, tying the sash of her robe. "I'm fine, Daddy. Are you okay? You seem... different tonight."

Lucius turned to face her, his eyes softening as he took in her appearance. "I'm fine, Princess. Just a bit... uncertain. I don't know who we might encounter tonight, and that makes me uneasy."

Rosetta walked over to him, placing a comforting hand on his chest. "We'll be on equal footing I suppose, everyone there has something to lose I assume."

Lucius smiled, his confidence returning slightly. "Yes, you're right."

He helped Rosetta into her robe, the black fabric contrasting beautifully with her golden hair. "You look stunning. Good enough to eat," he murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"Thank you, Daddy," Rosetta replied, her nerves easing at his touch. "You look very handsome yourself."

Lucius chuckled softly, adjusting the mask that Blair had provided for the event. "Let's hope the evening goes smoothly. Are you ready to be the best girl for Daddy tonight?"

Rosetta took a deep breath, nodding. "Yes, Daddy. Always."

Lucius took her hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "Remember, I will be right there with you. If you ever feel uncomfortable just voice it to me, squeeze my hand, whatever you wish."

With a final look in the mirror, they headed downstairs to the grand foyer of Malfoy Manor. The room was bathed in the soft glow of candlelight, the ambiance adding to the sense of anticipation.

Lucius picked up their matching black masks, handing one to Rosetta. "These will keep us anonymous, at least until we decide otherwise," he said, securing his own mask.

Rosetta followed suit, feeling a thrill of excitement mixed with nervous energy. "Do you think we'll recognize anyone there?"

Lucius shrugged, his eyes hidden behind the mask. "It's hard to say. The whole thing is shrouded in mystery for a reason. But no matter who we encounter, we must remember to keep our composure."

Rosetta nodded, her trust in Lucius unwavering. "I trust you, Daddy."

Lucius smiled, taking her hand once more. "And I trust you, Princess. Now, let's go show them what we're made of."

They stepped out into the night, their carriage waiting to take them to Blair and Lorenzo's estate. The journey was quiet, both of them lost in their thoughts as they prepared for the evening ahead.

As they arrived at the grand estate, the opulence of the surroundings took Rosetta's breath away. The mansion was illuminated by hundreds of lanterns, casting a warm, inviting glow over the lush gardens. The sound of soft, haunting music drifted through the air, adding to the sense of anticipation.

Lucius helped Rosetta out of the carriage, his grip on her hand reassuring. "Remember, Princess, we're here to explore and enjoy ourselves. But if I ask you to stop something you will do it immediately."

Rosetta nodded, her nerves settling as she looked into Lucius's eyes. "I will, Daddy."

Together, they made their way up the grand staircase, their hearts pounding with anticipation as they prepared to enter a new and enigmatic world.