Chapter 41

Behind the Scenes

In the dimly lit study of their grand estate, Lorenzo and Blair Berkshires convened to discuss their ongoing schemes involving the Malfoys. The air was thick with the scent of burning incense, a reminder of the power they sought through their devotion to Astaroth.

Lorenzo leaned back in his chair, his fingers steepled under his chin. "Any word on the success of the special fertility potion we provided to Lucius and Rosetta?"

Blair shook her head, her expression cautious. "None so far. I'm hesitant to ask directly. They're already under such scrutiny. We can't afford to raise any more suspicion."

Lorenzo's eyes darkened with frustration. "We can't wait forever. We need to know if it's working. Our plans depend on it."

Blair sighed, her gaze fixed on the flickering flames in the fireplace. "We'll have to let them find out on their own. When they do, we must insist they see Dr. Norwood. It's crucial that they do so, allowing us to keep tabs on their progress."

Lorenzo's smile was thin and calculating. "Exactly. With him in place, we can monitor every aspect of their treatment. The Malfoys must be kept under our control. Their power and influence are too valuable to let slip through our fingers."

Blair's eyes gleamed with a ruthless determination. "Yes, it has to be that way. We need to ensure that every move they make serves our interests. The Malfoys are useful, but only if we maintain the upper hand."

Lorenzo nodded, his ambition evident. "Power is not just held; it must be wielded with precision and foresight. We will ensure they remain in our grasp."

Blair's lips curved into a cold smile. "Agreed. We've come too far to let anything jeopardize our position now."

As they shared a conspiratorial look, it was clear that the Berkshires were willing to go to any lengths to secure their power. The Malfoys, unwittingly ensnared in their web, remained pawns in a larger game. For Lorenzo and Blair, the quest for dominance was relentless, and the stakes had never been higher.

Rosetta's Baby

In the luxurious bathroom of Malfoy Manor, Rosetta stood nervously, pacing back and forth. The ornate fixtures and marble tiles offered little comfort as she waited for the results of the pregnancy test. Her period was late, and a mix of hope and natural fear washed over her as the seconds ticked by.

Finally, she glanced at the test. Her heart skipped a beat. Two lines. Positive.

Rosetta's breath caught in her throat. She was pregnant. A wave of emotions surged through her—joy, fear, uncertainty. This would be her first child, and the thought of motherhood was both thrilling and daunting.

Taking a deep breath, she made her way to Lucius's study, her steps tentative but determined. She found him seated at his desk, engrossed in a stack of documents. As she entered, Lucius looked up, his expression softening when he saw her.

"Princess, what is it?" he asked, sensing her unease.

She crossed the room, her hands trembling slightly as she took his hand. "Daddy, I... I have news."

Lucius stood, concern flickering in his eyes. "What is it, my love?"

Rosetta took another deep breath, meeting his gaze. "I'm pregnant. You're going to be a father.. Again."

For a moment, there was silence as Lucius absorbed the news. Then a radiant smile spread across his face. "That's wonderful news, Princess!"

He pulled her into a tight embrace, his joy palpable. "We're going to have a child," he murmured, kissing her forehead.