Chapter 77

Return of the Heir

Draco Malfoy arrived at Malfoy Manor with a mix of trepidation and curiosity. The grand hallways of his childhood home brought back memories, both bitter and sweet. As he made his way to the nursery, he steeled himself for the emotions that were bound to surface.

Lucius was waiting by the door, his expression softening when he saw his son. "Draco," he greeted, his voice warm. "Come in. There's someone I'd like you to meet."

Draco stepped inside, his eyes immediately drawn to the small crib where his newborn half-brother, Damian, lay sleeping. He approached cautiously, peering down at the tiny figure. "He's so small," Draco murmured, a hint of wonder in his voice.

 "He's so small," Draco murmured, a hint of wonder in his voice

Lucius smiled. "They all start that way."

For a moment, there was silence. Draco's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, memories of his own childhood mingling with the present. He turned to his father, his eyes conflicted. "Father, I... I don't know how to feel about this."

Lucius nodded, understanding the unspoken weight behind Draco's words. "I know, Draco. Your childhood, our family, was marked by... many challenges. I made choices that brought darkness into our lives. And I regret the pain it caused you, more than you'll ever know."

Draco looked away, the memories of fear and pressure during the war still raw. "It was a different time. We all did what we had to."

Lucius placed a hand on Draco's shoulder, his grip firm yet gentle. "You were a child, thrust into a world of chaos and expectations. You bore burdens no one your age should have to. But here we are, with a chance to do things differently. To give Damian a childhood filled with love and safety."

Draco met his father's gaze, searching for the sincerity in his eyes. He found it there, a depth of honesty and remorse that Lucius rarely showed. "Do you really believe we can change?"

Lucius nodded slowly. "I do. It won't be easy, and the shadows of the past will always linger. But we can strive for a better future. For Damian, for you, and for our family."

Draco took a deep breath, feeling a sense of ease wash over him. "I want to believe that too."

Lucius pulled him into a rare embrace, his voice soft. "We will make it so, Draco. Together."

They stood there for a moment, father and son, bound by their shared history and a renewed hope for the future. As they parted, Draco turned back to the crib, a small smile playing on his lips. He leaned over the crib and whispered, "I believe you, Damian Malfoy, will do great things."

Lucius watched, his heart swelling with a mix of pride and determination. He knew the road ahead would be long, but for the first time in years, he felt truly hopeful. They had a chance to build something better, to heal old wounds and forge new bonds. And he was determined not to let that chance slip away.