Chapter 35

Edward Shaky Hands

At some point during the evening, Rosetta and Lucius found themselves approached by Edward, the sleazy, oily man who had an unsettling obsession with feet. His greasy hair was slicked back, and he wore a smarmy smile that made Rosetta's skin crawl.

"Congratulations on your wedding," Edward began, his voice dripping with insincerity. "Rosetta, you look absolutely radiant."

"Thank you, Edward," Rosetta replied, her tone polite but distant.

Edward's gaze shifted to Lucius, then back to Rosetta. "I was wondering... as a special favor, could I see your feet? Just for a moment. On your wedding day."

Rosetta's patience was already wearing thin from the emotional toll of the day. She glanced at Lucius, who raised an eyebrow but remained silent, letting her handle the situation.

After a brief moment of consideration, Rosetta nodded curtly. "Alright, Edward. Meet me in my private study in five minutes."

Edward's eyes gleamed with anticipation. "Thank you, Rosetta. I'll be there."

As he walked away, Rosetta turned to Lucius, a mix of frustration and resignation on her face. "I'll handle this quickly," she said, her voice low.

Lucius nodded, his hand squeezing hers reassuringly. "I'll be waiting for you. Don't let him linger."

Rosetta made her way to her private study, her heels clicking against the polished floors. She took a deep breath as she entered the room, trying to compose herself for the brief interaction. A few minutes later, Edward knocked and entered, his eyes gleaming with anticipation.

"Thank you for this, Rosetta," he said, closing the door behind him.

"Make it quick, Edward," she replied, her tone firm.

She sat down on a chair and slipped off her shoes, revealing her delicate feet. Edward's eyes widened with delight as he knelt down, his gaze fixed on her feet.

"Just a quick look," she reminded him, her patience wearing thin.

Edward nodded eagerly, his fingers twitching as he resisted the urge to touch. He leaned in closer, his breath warm against her skin. "They're beautiful," he murmured, his voice filled with an unsettling reverence.

Rosetta's discomfort grew, and she finally stood up, slipping her shoes back on. "That's enough, Edward. You've had your look."

Edward's face fell, but he quickly masked his disappointment with a greasy smile. "Of course. Thank you, Rosetta. And congratulations again on your wedding."

He left the room, and Rosetta let out a sigh of relief, grateful that the uncomfortable encounter was over. She composed herself and made her way back to Lucius, who was waiting for her with a concerned expression.

"Is everything alright?" he asked, his hand resting on her lower back.

"Yes," she replied, leaning into his touch. "Just a minor inconvenience. Let's enjoy the rest of our evening."

Lucius nodded, his protective presence reassuring her.

A Send Off

As the evening drew to a close, the Berkshires approached Lucius and Rosetta, their smiles warm and genuine. Blair's emerald eyes sparkled with excitement, and Lorenzo's charismatic charm was evident in his every gesture.

"Congratulations again, you two," Blair said, her voice filled with sincere affection. "You've had a beautiful wedding."

Lucius nodded, his hand resting possessively on Rosetta's waist. "Thank you, Blair. It's been a remarkable day."