Chapter 5

Part 11: The Sketch

A few days had passed since the confrontation with Lucius, but Rosetta's mind was still plagued by the intensity of their encounter. She threw herself into her work, trying to drown out the memory of his touch and the unsettling truths she had uncovered. Yet, despite her best efforts, she couldn't escape the lingering thoughts of him.

That morning, as she arrived at her office, she found an elegantly wrapped package on her desk. Her heart sank as she recognized the handwriting on the note attached to it. With trembling hands, she opened the package to reveal a beautiful sketch. 

It depicted a woman who looked remarkably like her, with long, flowing hair and an expression of conflicted emotion. The most striking feature, however, was the male hand wrapped around her neck from behind, a delicate but unmistakable symbol of dominance.

 The most striking feature, however, was the male hand wrapped around her neck from behind, a delicate but unmistakable symbol of dominance

The note attached to the sketch read: "This could be you. Just say the word."

Rosetta's breath hitched as she stared at the drawing. Her mind raced with a mix of fear, anger, and a reluctant curiosity. The image was hauntingly beautiful, yet it also carried a stark and provocative message. She knew it was Lucius's way of reminding her of the power he believed he held over her.

Part 12: Confrontation at the Office

Determined to confront him once more, Rosetta grabbed the sketch and marched to Lucius's office. She didn't bother knocking, pushing the door open and stepping inside with the drawing clutched in her hand. Lucius looked up from his desk, a knowing smile playing on his lips.

"Ah, Rosetta," he greeted, his tone smooth. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Rosetta slammed the sketch down on his desk, her eyes blazing with anger. "What is this, Lucius? Another one of your manipulative games?"

Lucius leaned back in his chair, his gaze never leaving hers. "It's a proposal, Rosetta. A vision of what could be."

Her heart pounded in her chest as she struggled to maintain her composure. "You think sending me something like this will make me submit to you? You're delusional."

Lucius stood up, his movements slow and deliberate. He walked around the desk to stand in front of her, his eyes dark and intense. "I think you're more intrigued than you care to admit. The sketch is a reflection of what I see in you, the potential for something deeper, something real."

Rosetta took a step back, her mind a whirl of emotions. "You're trying to manipulate me, Lucius. But I won't let you."

Lucius reached out, his hand lightly brushing her arm. "Manipulation? Or perhaps I'm just showing you what you already know in your heart. You can fight it, deny it, but the truth remains. You are drawn to this, to me."

She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. "You don't know what you're talking about. I won't be your plaything."

Lucius's grip tightened ever so slightly, his voice dropping to a whisper. "You wouldn't be a plaything, Rosetta. You would be cherished, protected, and yes, dominated. But only because you want it, deep down."