Chapter 9

The Appointment

Rosetta had spent the entire morning in her office, her mind a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. She tried to drown herself in work, hoping to keep her doubts at bay. Despite her efforts, the anxiety about her new dynamic with Lucius gnawed at her. She had skipped lunch, determined to get as much done as possible before her appointment. The note from Lucius had only added to her irritation:

Lucius's Note:

Rosetta, I will be by at 3 PM to take you to your appointment. Be ready. – Lucius

When the clock struck 3 PM, a knock at her office door broke her concentration. Lucius entered, his presence as commanding as ever.

"Rosetta, are you ready?" he asked, his tone calm but authoritative.

Rosetta looked up from her desk, her irritation bubbling over. "I could have made it to the appointment on my own, Lucius. I don't need a chaperone," she snapped, her tone harsh.

Lucius raised an eyebrow, noting the tension in her voice. "Rosetta, I know you're capable. This is about understanding the level of care and control in our dynamic."

Her frustration was palpable. "I didn't even finish my work. I worked through my lunch break trying to get everything done before you showed up."

Lucius's expression softened slightly as he realized the extent of her dedication. "You didn't eat?" he asked, his tone more concerned.

"No, I didn't," she replied curtly, crossing her arms defensively.

Lucius sighed, stepping closer. "I will feed you after the appointment. You need to take care of yourself, Rosetta."

Her irritation didn't fade, but she nodded, recognizing the futility of arguing further. "Fine. Let's just get this over with."

As they made their way to the appointment, the tension between them was palpable. Lucius drove in silence, his thoughts focused on how to navigate this growing tension. He knew she was struggling, but he was determined to guide her through it.

When they arrived at the salon, Rosetta's nerves were on edge. She had never been in such a vulnerable position before, and the thought of Lucius being present only added to her discomfort.

As they entered the salon, Lucius spoke quietly but firmly to the receptionist, ensuring everything was prepared. He turned to Rosetta, his eyes intense. "I will be in the room with you."

Rosetta's eyes widened in shock and discomfort. "Lucius, that's not necessary. I can handle this on my own."

Lucius's gaze remained steady. "I want to be there. I want to support you and ensure you are comfortable."

Despite her protests, Rosetta found herself unable to refuse. She nodded reluctantly, her discomfort clear.

In the treatment room, the atmosphere was tense. Rosetta lay on the table, feeling exposed and vulnerable. Lucius stood nearby, his eyes never leaving her. He seemed to relish in her discomfort, but there was a protective edge to his presence as well.

The esthetician began the process, and Rosetta winced slightly at the initial pain. Lucius stepped closer, his voice low and soothing. "You're doing well, Rosetta. You look incredible."

His words, though intended to reassure, only added to her discomfort. She felt a mix of embarrassment and irritation, but she also couldn't deny the thrill of his attention.

As the procedure continued, Lucius maintained his position, his eyes locked on Rosetta. She felt his gaze like a physical touch, and despite her initial resistance, she found a strange sense of comfort in his presence.