Chapter 90

A Race Against Time

The first light of dawn filtered through the heavy drapes of their bedroom, casting a soft, golden glow over Lucius and Rosetta. Lucius awoke first, his gaze drifting to Rosetta, still asleep beside him. He reached out, gently tracing the line of her jaw with his fingertips, a small smile playing on his lips.

Rosetta stirred, her eyes fluttering open to meet his. She smiled back, her expression one of pure contentment. "Good morning," she whispered, her voice husky with sleep.

"Good morning, my love," Lucius replied, leaning in to kiss her softly. His hand slid down her back, pulling her closer. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, Daddy. I did. But that look in your eye," she murmured, her fingers tangling in his hair.

Lucius's hand moved lower, his touch igniting a fire within her. "We have a little time before Damien wakes up," he said, his voice thick with desire. "Let's make the most of it."

Rosetta's eyes sparkled with mischief. "We'd better hurry then," she teased, her hands already exploring his body.

Their lovemaking was urgent, a race against the inevitable interruption. They moved together with a familiar rhythm, their breaths coming in quick, heated gasps. Lucius's lips trailed down her neck, his hands gripping her hips as they lost themselves in the moment.

Rosetta arched beneath him, her fingers digging into his shoulders. "Daddy," she breathed, her voice a mix of pleasure and urgency.

The pace quickened, their need for each other outweighing the ticking clock. The room was filled with the sounds of their passion, a symphony of moving bodies and soft moans. They moved with a desperate intensity, each touch and kiss driving them closer to the edge.

As they reached the peak of their passion, the faint sound of Damien stirring in his nursery echoed through the baby monitor. Lucius and Rosetta clung to each other, riding the waves of their climax with a mix of satisfaction and urgency.

Panting, Lucius collapsed beside Rosetta, pulling her into his arms. "We made it," he said with a breathless chuckle.

Rosetta laughed softly, her head resting on his chest. "Barely," she replied, her fingers tracing lazy circles on his skin. "But it was worth it."

A few moments later, the sound of Damien's cries grew louder, signaling that their time alone was over. Lucius pressed a final, lingering kiss to Rosetta's lips before reluctantly pulling away. "I'll get him," he said, climbing out of bed and grabbing his robe. "You don't move a muscle, Princess."

Rosetta watched him go, her heart swelling with love and gratitude. They had managed to steal a precious moment together, and it had only strengthened their bond.

As Lucius returned with Damien in his arms, she smiled, knowing that their love was as strong as ever, even in the midst of their busy lives.

Therapy

Rosetta entered Dr. Vale's office, her steps hesitant but her resolve firm. The room was as it always was: dimly lit, with the faint scent of leather and old books filling the air. 

Dr. Vale sat in his usual chair, legs crossed, his intense brown eyes watching her every move. He gestured for her to sit, a welcoming yet probing smile on his lips.

"Good morning, Rosetta," he said smoothly. "How have you been?"

Rosetta settled into the chair opposite him, smoothing her dress nervously. "Good morning, Dr. Vale. I've been... alright."

Dr. Vale leaned forward slightly, his expression attentive. "How are things between you and Lucius?"

A small smile tugged at Rosetta's lips. "We're getting back to normal."