Chapter 69

Lucius & Dr. Vale

Lucius sat in his study, his spellphone in hand as he dialed Dr. Vale's number. The call was answered on the second ring.

"Dr. Vale, this is Lucius Malfoy," he began, his voice firm. "I'd like to schedule a personal session with you."

Dr. Vale's response was smooth and professional. "Of course, Mr. Malfoy. I have an opening tomorrow afternoon. Would that suit your schedule?"

"That will be fine," Lucius replied. "Thank you."

The next afternoon, Lucius arrived at Dr. Vale's office in Florence. The space was elegant and calming, yet there was an undercurrent of intensity, much like its owner. Dr. Vale greeted him with a polite nod and gestured for him to take a seat.

"Mr. Malfoy, it's a pleasure to see you. How can I assist you today?" Dr. Vale began, his eyes sharp and inquisitive.

Lucius settled into the chair, his posture relaxed yet guarded. "I wanted to understand more about your approach and see if it would be beneficial for us, as my wife mentioned."

Dr. Vale leaned forward slightly, his interest evident. "Of course. Why don't we start with some background? Tell me about your relationship with Rosetta, particularly in its early stages. How did you navigate those initial challenges?"

Lucius's jaw tightened slightly as he considered his words. "It was difficult. Our relationship was intense from the beginning. I was... controlling, to put it mildly."

Dr. Vale's eyes narrowed slightly, encouraging Lucius to continue. "In what ways were you controlling?"

Lucius took a deep breath, his gaze steady. "I stalked her. I monitored her every move, both online and offline. I was obsessed with her, and it reached a point where she had to move to get away from me. I even tied her to a bed against her will once. It was a dark time for both of us."

Dr. Vale nodded thoughtfully, his expression unreadable. "That sounds incredibly intense and quite harmful. How did you both manage to move past that?"

Lucius sighed, a mix of regret and resolve in his eyes. "It wasn't easy. Rosetta made it clear that my behavior was unacceptable, and I had to change if I wanted any future with her. I sought therapy, learned to manage my need for control, and gradually earned her trust back. It was a long process, but I was committed to it."

Dr. Vale's gaze remained steady, his voice calm. "And what about Rosetta? How did she cope with these challenges?"

"Rosetta is incredibly strong," Lucius replied, his voice filled with admiration. "She set firm boundaries and held me accountable. She also sought therapy, and we worked together to rebuild our relationship. It took a lot of time and effort, but we made it through."

Dr. Vale leaned back, his fingers steepled thoughtfully. "It's commendable that you both put in the effort to overcome such significant challenges. Tell me, how has your relationship evolved since then? How do you navigate the balance of power and control now?"

Lucius considered the question carefully. "We've found a way to balance our dynamics. Rosetta trusts me to lead in certain aspects of our life, but she also has her own independence and power. We communicate openly about our needs and boundaries, and we respect each other's roles. It's still a work in progress, but we've come a long way."

Dr. Vale leaned forward slightly, his eyes sharp and probing. "Lucius, do you still find yourself struggling to maintain control over Rosetta, especially considering her prestigious position as Madam of Magic?"